E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Camber Strut and Thrust Arm Kit.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E 420
Smile Camber Strut and Thrust Arm Kit.

good day everyone! does anyone know this saler on e bay thats selling these Camber Strut and Thrust Arm Kit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0148465&rd=1,1 i'm fixing to buy rims and drop my w124 and heard of camber issues after the drop.. can anyone guide me or point me to the right direction? thanks a whole bunch!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
I don't see anything in that auction that says this kit makes your alignment/toe/camber adjustable. It looks like it's just a factory replacement (i.e. no adjustability). Correct me if I'm missing something.

All you'll need is an adjustable camber arm in the rear to get your camber back to stock (or close). Benzboy.com is where I got mine. make sure to get the self-lubricating rod ends. The guy's communication is really lacking, and the site seems half-bit, but he came through and sent the items to me pretty fast. He sends instructions with them, but his english is terrible so they're hard to follow (he should definitely consider having somebody who speaks english has a first language to edit them and his site). Benzboy arms require you to hone out the bolt holes slightly from stock since he didn't make the kit with metric bolts... that seems really stupid to me, but it is what it is.

A better and slightly more expensive solution is speedy benz's adjustable camber arms... www.speedybenz.com. Apparently he takes a really long time to make them and send them to you, but they are of good quality, and best of all they are in metric so they're "plug and play."

A third solution is a Kmac eccentric bushing kit. The installation of the adjustable bushings is much more in-depth than camber arms. I've heard that they are tricky to adjust, but this is perhaps the most "complete" way to bring your suspension back to spec. I'm not exactly sure where you get ahold of them. Kmac is out of Australia (I think), so the cost is considerably higher than the camber arm solutions.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:55 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
You'll need adjustable Camber Arms.