E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

My next car is going to be a Lexus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Old 01-11-2008, 12:28 AM

03' CL55 AMG
Well ill mention it since noone else has yet but mercedes was the FIRST automobile manufacturer not to mention the originator of most of the technology seen in ALL other automobiles today and even though i despise BMW at least they have the common decency not to build a car and sell it for $25K then build a car which uses at least 30% of the same components, throw some pleather and synthetic wood in it and turn around and sell it for $60K-$100K+

Id love to add a bunch of other company logos to my ***** but i don't think i have enough room . . .

Last edited by CharlestonN; 01-11-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 AM

08 Lexus GS350 AWD. 08 Lexus RX350 AWD - wife's. 94 MBZ E320 - still have it.
Shi-i-i-i-t! You guys are still going? I thought we were done!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E320
Originally Posted by Arnie
Shi-i-i-i-t! You guys are still going? I thought we were done!
well you started the anti-Benz rant in a Benz forum

what were you gonna expect a pat in the back??
Old 01-13-2008, 05:22 AM

CL203 & sprinter
Originally Posted by Geh
Rofl!!!!!!

Rust Bucket? My Car has NO Rust What so Ever, Maybe the cars your used to driving Probably

Ahh I dont need to go to the wreckers cause my RUST BUCKET is fairing much better then your 2004 Newbie IF I ever need parts which i havent needed to as yet, ill be Buying Parts Directly From Mercedes-Benz of Melbourne, My Dads Friends With the Service Manager Cris Jonsen Give him a Call if you want

If you Wanna come Round and Look For Some Non-Genuine or second hand Parts on my Car Feel free Only Parts You'll find that Are Not Genuine is The Sound-System and The Radiator

And the Radiator, Wiring Harness and a Few Bulbs here and there are the only Things that have cost Extra then normal Car Maintenance

To bad your *****ing About a 2004 Model car that has not even a Quarter of Mercedes-benz TRUE QUALITY Which unfortunately you missed out on....10 Years to late man

Btw $1500 is Probably the Total Cost for all the out of pocket problems I've had with my car, an 89' Model rust bucket...Yet doing so well....go have a cry about buying a Mercedes-benz and not knowing the Consequences of the Model You Buy......Seriously dude if you saved all your money just to buy a Benz, not the smartest idea if you can afford to keep it with the repair bill, even parts worth $1500 stop complaining that there expensive buy a ****ing toyota dont cry to us your not the only one who has to Deal with expensive parts, Even Wrecker parts dont last longer and still tend to end up in the long run, if you cant afford the bills go another brand of car simple

Now this is the W124 Forum, go back to the W203 forum where you belong and keep your trash there with you
hahaha.. your a ******.
propb end up seeing you on chapel st on a friday nite with your muttek hairdoo and boxing gloves hanging up on the mirror.
you obviously dont know what your talking about.
go on the w203 forums and check out some of the threads there. then you'll see some of the strange things that go wrong with those cars.
baahhaha.. "expensive parts, Even Wrecker parts dont last longer and still tend to end up in the long run, if you cant afford the bills go another brand of car simple" ... well excuse me hero.
go back to brunswick and kickbox yourself to sleep.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Way to bump a stupid thread with your stupid post. Now until you've figured out the concept of grammar and sentence structure, you should stay in your forum section and leave us to ours.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:01 AM

CL203 & sprinter
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Way to bump a stupid thread with your stupid post. Now until you've figured out the concept of grammar and sentence structure, you should stay in your forum section and leave us to ours.
It’s a Forum. I doubt that most people here would bother with correct grammar and sentence structure. But if you insist, from now, everything is going to be copasetic.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
Originally Posted by Adi_V
It’s a Forum. I doubt that most people here would bother with correct grammar and sentence structure. But if you insist, from now, everything is going to be copasetic.
Au contraire, mon frère. Zorro keeps the W124 section on point with the English grammar.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 AM

'95 E420 SE
yeah, what he said....eh.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:45 PM

CL203 & sprinter
Originally Posted by neanderthal
there are so many idiots on both sides of this argument its not even funny.

who the fark cares if you think mercedes or lexus is better. if you dont like your car, sell it, buy something else. but dont come here gloating about your new megabashi gxle 3.9 touring coz this is a mercedes board. take it to the megabashi boards
perhaps this type of car doesnt suit you. go find one that does.

and you mercedes idiots. these cars are far from perfect. far far far from it. they may be "overengineered" but they also seem to be under well thought out in many areas. should i make a list? compromises have been made in many an area for various reasons. as a former mercedes mechanic i can tell you that id rather replace parts on a mercedes then just about any brand because they are intuitively thought out. they didnt just put the part there, they considered the mechanic who would have to replace it.

have you seen how there are different lug nut lengths for the same bolt width, thread pitch simply because they have different wheel designs?

i can also tell you that the parts are cheaper then comparable asian car parts a lot of the time. and that they are available new, from the dealer, for just about every model ever made, as long as you have the money and the part number. perhaps its because they need to be replaced more frequently than on those japanese cars you loathe so much. though you might spin it and say that in thier infinite wisdom, the germans considered future generations of mercedes owners and decided to help keep the cars on the road.

do you think there are more old mercedes on the road because parts are easily available (vs any other brand) or because they are more reliable.
if you think its because they are more reliable, then you are a fool. period. if you dont believe me why dont you google "auto reliability poll" and see for yourself.

btw, mercedes haters. my avg monthly cost of ownership for my 300E 2.6 is $47 and decreasing monthly. aside from basic maintenance, its only been the headgasket (rebuilt the cylinder head. many years of problem free driving shall ensue as a result,) a hole in the exhaust (caused by road debris) and the waterpump. im sorry the car you bought is a piece of junk, but mine has been reliable and worry free. in fact, i drive it more places than most of the people i know who own newer cars that are still under warranty. i dont worry about increasing the miles on the car (odo doesnt work anyway) because a car is a tool. its an implement for getting you up and down to where ever you need to go. if yours isnt doing that to your satisfaction, get one that does.

and all of you stop being immature prats
okay okay
Old 01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Why are you still posting? "okay okay" as if he was talking to you? Move along....
Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 560SL
My 4 cyl. 190 2.3-16V Twin cam has 380,000km.
The cylinderhead has never been off, it has gobs of power and never blows blue!
I'm looking at a 500E now.

Enough said.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:51 AM

03' CL55 AMG
|BUMP|

Im such a basterd . . .
Old 01-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Geh

2007 GL500, 2007 E280
Originally Posted by Adi_V
hahaha.. your a ******.
propb end up seeing you on chapel st on a friday nite with your muttek hairdoo and boxing gloves hanging up on the mirror.
you obviously dont know what your talking about.
go on the w203 forums and check out some of the threads there. then you'll see some of the strange things that go wrong with those cars.
baahhaha.. "expensive parts, Even Wrecker parts dont last longer and still tend to end up in the long run, if you cant afford the bills go another brand of car simple" ... well excuse me hero.
go back to brunswick and kickbox yourself to sleep.
Rofl im a ******?

Your the One coming into a W124 Forum, When you have a W203, and *****ing about your own car? LOL

I Really dont see any sense in that

Ahh nah ill stick to the w124 Forum I Cant Stand W203's, Plus i dont think they'd Appreciate Me *****ing About My Rust Bucket and calling them ******* when they were stating the obvious about their own cars, and me assuming i knew it all about their's
Old 01-14-2008, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CharlestonN
Well ill mention it since noone else has yet but mercedes was the FIRST automobile manufacturer
that means nothing.

not to mention the originator of most of the technology seen in ALL other automobiles today
and that means nothing too. congratulations mercedes. you invented it. now go make it better than everybody else does.

and even though i despise BMW at least they have the common decency not to build a car and sell it for $25K then build a car which uses at least 30% of the same components, throw some pleather and synthetic wood in it and turn around and sell it for $60K-$100K+
and that partially explains why BMW, the very company that was nearly taken over by mercedes in the early 60s is now more profitable than mercedes. and that most of its models, no matter how hideous, are selling more profitably than mercedes;
mini vs A class. BMW FTW
1 series vs B class. BMW FTW
3 series vs C class. ha ha ha, its not even funny. although mercedes has made great strides with the new one.
5 series vs E class. this is where mercedes gets competitive. i think the E outsells the 5. it used to, by a significant margin, but thats changed by a lot.
6 series vs CLK. id give the dge to the CLK, although i cant say how much the sales are.
7 series vs S class. S kills here. the 7 is ugly. I drive is overly complicated. i could go on.
Z4 vs SLK. this is a wash.
CLS has no competitor.
X3 has no competitor yet. GLK isnt out.
X5 vs ML. i think this is a wash.
GL has no competitor.
rolls royce vs maybach. this is comic. maybach should just be shuttered.
BMW has a motorcycle divisino that makes expensive overpriced bikes that continue to sell. their R1200GS is their best selling bike and it starts at $14K here.
mercedes has a heavy truck division that has a competitive marketplace right now. id give the edge to the BMW bike division for profits

mercedes makes more models, but BMW has almost the same annual sales, if i recall correctly. id say that makes BMW the better car company. especially as its making more profits.

Id love to add a bunch of other company logos to my ***** but i don't think i have enough room . . .
go ahead. add more. like lexus. (also more profitable.) all the other so called luxury marques dont have the sales to compare to lexus, BMW and mercedes.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
W204 >e90/e92 Everyday Of The Week.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Geh

2007 GL500, 2007 E280
Originally Posted by neanderthal
that means nothing.

and that means nothing too. congratulations mercedes. you invented it. now go make it better than everybody else does.

and that partially explains why BMW, the very company that was nearly taken over by mercedes in the early 60s is now more profitable than mercedes. and that most of its models, no matter how hideous, are selling more profitably than mercedes;
mini vs A class. BMW FTW
1 series vs B class. BMW FTW
3 series vs C class. ha ha ha, its not even funny. although mercedes has made great strides with the new one.
5 series vs E class. this is where mercedes gets competitive. i think the E outsells the 5. it used to, by a significant margin, but thats changed by a lot.
6 series vs CLK. id give the dge to the CLK, although i cant say how much the sales are.
7 series vs S class. S kills here. the 7 is ugly. I drive is overly complicated. i could go on.
Z4 vs SLK. this is a wash.
CLS has no competitor.
X3 has no competitor yet. GLK isnt out.
X5 vs ML. i think this is a wash.
GL has no competitor.
rolls royce vs maybach. this is comic. maybach should just be shuttered.
BMW has a motorcycle divisino that makes expensive overpriced bikes that continue to sell. their R1200GS is their best selling bike and it starts at $14K here.
mercedes has a heavy truck division that has a competitive marketplace right now. id give the edge to the BMW bike division for profits

mercedes makes more models, but BMW has almost the same annual sales, if i recall correctly. id say that makes BMW the better car company. especially as its making more profits.

go ahead. add more. like lexus. (also more profitable.) all the other so called luxury marques dont have the sales to compare to lexus, BMW and mercedes.
Not Trying to Start another bash Here But Were talking bout the Cars not the Profits their making :P

Though i Do agree with what you said, The other Car Company's Are More Profitable

But Im Still Gonna Be a Benz Lover forever
Old 01-14-2008, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
As long as we're discussing it, X5 vs. ML a wash? Not even. The X5 is much more reliable (fact), better looking (opinion), and satisfying to drive (opinion).
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 W204 C350
Another car accident survivor

I too am another Mercedes crash survivor.

It wasn't a car or SUV that hit me, it was a school bus speeding and not staying in their lane. It collided with the front driver's side pushing the poor W203 (which was only 2 weeks old, bought 09/03, and got in an accident in 10/03. it was the first '04 in the Fletcher Jones Collision Center.)

Anyway, my point being, had I been in another car, I wouldn't be here now.

Which is why I bought a W124, and have a W204 on order.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:46 PM

'95 E420 SE
I bought a W124 because a great deal fell in my lap. Turns out, it is a great car and I love it. I found this forum to get/give information pertaining to W124's. Turns out, other people who love their W124's also like to exchange info here and talk about how much they like their cars as well. Cool.

The world is FULL of great cars...some better than the W124, some not. I say, drive the car you LIKE, stop trying to debate which is the best, because that is far too subjective to prove. If it turns out that for you its no longer a W124...fine. Move along with your new autolust and leave us to continue to enjoy our cars among others who also still love their W124's.

Is there really any more reason to discuss this......at all.......ever?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Amen!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

tell that to the people who keep coming in here and posting that the sun rises out of mercedes benz's ****.

it hasnt for a long time. not for a long time. not since about the time the 124 came out i'd say.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM

'95 E420 SE
Old 01-14-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Ok, neanderthal, we get it. Let it go.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:32 AM

95 E320 Coupe, Diesel Golf
Relax guys you are all Mercedes drivers. We bought them they didn't by us, why argue.

But just wanted to add that my golf is way more reliable, and cheaper to drive than the benz, but when it's summer time and I roll down all 4 windows and blast the stereo in my benz, there is no better feeling to me there, than the comfort and enjoyment of the ride.

Last edited by vili1982; 01-15-2008 at 01:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My next car is going to be a Lexus