E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

2 tickets??? In one night!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
well...i think cops seem to be attracted to cars with tinted windows, rims, etc...

cops in stl would have zorro pulled over every 10 miles...guaranteed lol
Old 01-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 300E
i agree with the rims my neighborhood has alooooot of drug trafficin u see a yyoung white kid in a drug neighborhood well ur ****ed, or if your alarm is blaring they might pull u over.
thats kinda hilarious u didnt think hey maby i should try put my key in the lock ???
Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 PM
X03

MB 1990 300E
haha seems like cops are trying to really start the new years with a bang!

I got a ticket last week going to work. Its about 8:25am and I start at 8:30, and the road that I take to work is a pretty long stretch. So I'm driving along not paying attn to how fast I am going and just worrying about how I dont want to be late for work. I pass the signal light where the long stretch of road is and I look in my rear view mirror and there is a motorcycle cop with his lights on. F. I try to look around to see if hes trying to catch somebody else, but its just me haha. I pull over and he shows me his radar gun and it says 73mph. no big deal right? Well the speed limit on that street is actually 45. So I was going 28mph over the speed limit and just to let you know, anything over 25 is considered reckless driving and is triple the fines and 2 points etc... So he writes me the ticket and comes back and tells me, "I wrote you down for 70 because anything over 25 is reckless driving etc....so this way you can take traffic school. However, if you take me to court to contest this ticket, I wrote myself a note that you were going 73 and will tell the judge the truth. " haha soooo yeah I think I'm just going to pay it off
Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
Originally Posted by X03
haha seems like cops are trying to really start the new years with a bang!

I got a ticket last week going to work. Its about 8:25am and I start at 8:30, and the road that I take to work is a pretty long stretch. So I'm driving along not paying attn to how fast I am going and just worrying about how I dont want to be late for work. I pass the signal light where the long stretch of road is and I look in my rear view mirror and there is a motorcycle cop with his lights on. F. I try to look around to see if hes trying to catch somebody else, but its just me haha. I pull over and he shows me his radar gun and it says 73mph. no big deal right? Well the speed limit on that street is actually 45. So I was going 28mph over the speed limit and just to let you know, anything over 25 is considered reckless driving and is triple the fines and 2 points etc... So he writes me the ticket and comes back and tells me, "I wrote you down for 70 because anything over 25 is reckless driving etc....so this way you can take traffic school. However, if you take me to court to contest this ticket, I wrote myself a note that you were going 73 and will tell the judge the truth. " haha soooo yeah I think I'm just going to pay it off
ahh...ouch. my first ticket I was going 71 in a 45mph zone...and my second was 78 in a 60. The second ticket is only 81.00$...so that's not too bad...but i'm not sure about the 21 over...and ideas??
Old 01-18-2008, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
well...i think cops seem to be attracted to cars with tinted windows, rims, etc...

F@ck that...That's why i don't have chrome rims on my car anymore. It's not only in STL. I live in long beach and if u are young and have nice rims they'll pull u over just to f@ck with u...

When I was 18 I got pulled over because my car matched the description of a stolen car which was pure BS because there were no cars in my area remotely like mine ( I used to have a gold 300e with lorinser rims). I asked the cops if the car was reported stolen and they said NO. I asked them to run the plates and check my info against my registration so they can see the car was mine. That's all I said, I gave them all my information but then they started asking more questions. When the cops started asking me about where I worked and why did i have so much cash on me I told them that they could ask my attorney. I asked for a supervisor because they put me in the back of the police car since i refuse to let them search my car. I asked them if I was under arrest and they told them no but they have to investigate who I was. They let me call my friend who worked at a law office which was not far away. She came to talk to the cops about why I was being detained since i did nothing wrong not even a traffic violation. Once she got there and told them who she worked with they let me go. I got their badge number and car number and filed a complaint.

I have friends that work at the CHP and those are pretty cool guys so not all cops are bad. I would say LAPD and Long Beach cops are a bunch of A$$HOLES! There is no reason you should be pulled over and be given a bull***** excuse just to see if they can get anything on you.

I learned to always listen to the the tone of the conversation and don't give them any unnecessary information. It's really important to be quiet and not make up stories because you can get cought in a lie and cops are gonna F@ck with you even more...

that's just my .02C
Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 AM

Mercedes benz 1991 300ce(RIP), now an 89 300ce
Originally Posted by STLe320

soo thats why the follow me
Old 01-22-2008, 02:14 AM

08 Lexus GS350 AWD. 08 Lexus RX350 AWD - wife's. 94 MBZ E320 - still have it.
I can understand people geting pi$$ed over tickets for around 10 MPH over. However, when you get popped for 73 in 45, how is it the cop's fault?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:55 AM
X03

MB 1990 300E
Originally Posted by Arnie
I can understand people geting pi$$ed over tickets for around 10 MPH over. However, when you get popped for 73 in 45, how is it the cop's fault?
i never said it was the cops fault, it was my fault and i know that. going 73 in a 45 is pretty fast for the speed limit. no matter how fast or slow your going its still a bummer go pick up a ticket
Old 01-22-2008, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by X03
i never said it was the cops fault, it was my fault and i know that. going 73 in a 45 is pretty fast for the speed limit. no matter how fast or slow your going its still a bummer go pick up a ticket
Sorry, I was kind of generalizing (is there such word?) this discussion. I am a state trooper and it slightly annoys me when people say "I got a ticket for going 30 MPH over the speed limit because the cop was an a$$hole".
Old 01-22-2008, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
Originally Posted by Arnie
Sorry, I was kind of generalizing (is there such word?) this discussion. I am a state trooper and it slightly annoys me when people say "I got a ticket for going 30 MPH over the speed limit because the cop was an a$$hole".
Then maybe you can answer a few questions? It's been a week since I got the tickets, and still nothing in the mailbox...so should I just keep waiting then?

Also, do you know how many points it would be for going 26 over?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:40 AM

I live and work in Oregon. In our state all your options are listed on the back of the ticket. The court address, appearence date, as well as the minimum fine ($242 for 21-30 MPH over), are listed on the front of the ticket, thus you get nothing in the mail. I don't know how it works in your state. Also, in OR we don't have "points". Sorry.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Almost a Member!

W124
Make sure you go to the city where every you got the ticket at and change the mailing adress to a budys house or someone you know... then you dont have to wory about making to th mail box before your dad.
I myself had a bad a** ticket last december on my birthday racing an rx7 2nd gen. I have been racing all night long several runs and fianlly the last run I got cought just I finished down the street. thy took me to jail and they were nice enought to let my buddy drive the car and come bail me out!!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
how fast did he say you were going? or do you remember how much your ticket was?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
So...needless to say, I'm an IDIOT!!!

I just got 2 tickets last night, all within 30 minutes of eachother.

I have a few questions for you speeders out there:

1) Do I have to go to court if I pay it before the court date?
2) Do I have to appear in court for going 21 over? (the yellow)
3) Is there anyway I can pay these and NOT have my dad find out?
Thanks lol
I have some bad news for you. Even if you don't get any tickets in the mail, if you are on your father's insurance policy the carrier will increase rates dramatically or end up dropping your dad for coverage. That's what happened to me 23 years ago when I tried to hide two speeding tickets from my father.

Needless to say - he wasn't happy with receiving the cancellation notice from his insurance company.

If they end up canceling your dad's policy - he's going to be very upset with you, not to mention his rates will likely go up with another carrier based on the fact that he was canceled.

Be respectful.

Level with him.

It may be time for you to locate an insurance policy of your own for a while (consider this your learning experience), assuming your license won't get suspended for the high-speed citation.

Good luck.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:17 PM

03' CL55 AMG
I have had 3 speeding tickets, i payed for 2 of them and had the 3rd written off by coming up with an acceptable excuse for speeding

I got my first ticket when i was driving back to palm springs from Beverly Hills with my friend in his 98 BM 740 IL at like 3 AM, there was almost no one else on the i10 that night and the speedo was broken (pos bmw) so i was trying to gauge my speed by the RPMs which did not work so well . . .

My friend had just smoked a bowl and was passed out in the passenger seat when i look in the rear view and see the red lights a flashing so i calmly say "Dude, were getting pulled over", he pops up out of a dead sleep, looks at me and says "wtf", i pull over to the LEFT side of the road which is not what your supposed to do . . . i roll down the window and she asks me "Do you know how fast you were going?" i said "Um, around 3700 RPM . . .", she tells me she clocked me at like 120mph but luckily it was a female cop so she only wrote me up for doing 84 in a 65 which cost my like 125 bucks

The ticket after that cost me about the same which was for doing 61 in a 50 and the one after that was for doing over 60 in a 40 and that was the one i had written off

California is a bit more lenient i believe as far as traffic laws go but i am not sure about your state

Last edited by CharlestonN; 01-31-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
damn...so either way, i'm obviously screwed. back in december i got busted for possession of 22g's some dro. (idiot, i know)...so my court date is coming up on the 20th of feb. and now i'm going to have to go to court again on the 28th for that damn ticket!!!

but i plan to tell him sunday night, after the weekend...
Old 02-02-2008, 04:22 AM

03' CL55 AMG
damn...so either way, i'm obviously screwed. back in december i got busted for possession of 22g's some dro. (idiot, i know)...so my court date is coming up on the 20th of feb. and now i'm going to have to go to court again on the 28th for that damn ticket!!!

but i plan to tell him sunday night, after the weekend...
Well, like i said i dunno about other states but in california traffic tickets can effect your insurance rates so you might want to take traffic school to have it taken off your record if you get a 3rd ticket
Old 02-03-2008, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
The cop said i might have to go to traffic school..which i guess wouldnt be so bad after all.

Well tonight's the night I tell my dad the news...i probably wont be driving for quite some time...i have a feeling he might sell it (he always said it was too much car for me)

so if that's the case, would anyone on here be interested?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Mercedes benz 1991 300ce(RIP), now an 89 300ce
The cop said i might have to go to traffic school..which i guess wouldnt be so bad after all.

Well tonight's the night I tell my dad the news...i probably wont be driving for quite some time...i have a feeling he might sell it (he always said it was too much car for me)

so if that's the case, would anyone on here be interested?
ill take that evo off your hands

by the way, its always much worse in your head. im sure your dad wont react as badly as you think he will. i got into 2 accidents since ive got my license and both times my dads reaction wasnt as bad as i thought itd be. and my dads the angriest person i know. the first time i almost asked the cop who showed up not to leave me alone with my dad

Last edited by crr1612; 02-03-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Almost a Member!

W124
how fast did he say you were going? or do you remember how much your ticket was?
sorry I wasnt on the forum for a sec.. but well i was on the oncoing traffic lane lined up so he got me for that but he didnt shoot the radar so he predicted 70- 80 mph in 30 mile zone.. it was considered reckelss as far as how much attorney was 5000 but he charged 2500... ticket was 580... and
sr22 insurance is not much like 20 bucks cuz its just a for that is neing sent out to the dol every month stating that I have insurance.. but the insurance cost did go up and I am on my dads policy the increase was like 50 bucks a month or soo. we have basic coverage.. but I got away sooo far with that too because my dad picked up like 2 tickets within couple months and he thought the increase was cuz of him!!

other than that let us know wut dad had to say.... take it easy
Old 02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Bad Karma??

Got pulled over last night.....drivin' the Kombi.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
Doin what? lol
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
Doin what? lol
You're gonna like this.....

I was at a stop light, about the 4th car back and the officer was behind me. Light turns green and the line of cars moves forward and through the intersection. I drive about 2 blocks and he hits the lights. I'm like WTF??

I thought maybe he was going to hassle me about the tinted tails.

He comes to the window and I've already got my license/insurance card ready. He asks "have you got an ashtray in this vehicle?"
Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
O_O

And...? That was it?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
....sorry about that....actually had to do some WORK for a moment.

He asks about the ashtray and I point to my center console (where my V1 is plugged in lol...). He shines his Maglite over and says "is there a reason why you flicked your cigarette out the window?"

I'm STUMPED!!!

Respectfully, I let him know that I don't even smoke and invite him to search the car, my person and climb around the car sniffing for ciggy smoke.

He's like um.....I'll be right back. 3-4 minutes go by and he comes back and apologizes. He reviewed his dash tape and thought it was me who tossed the butt, turns out it was a driver in front of me.

DOH! Being the easy spirit I am, I was like....hey - no problem, thanks for being so vigilant.

Last edited by Chappy; 02-06-2008 at 12:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 tickets??? In one night!!