E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Need Help With Seat Connector And Stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 300E
Need Help With Seat Connector And Stereo

Hi There Guys, I'm A Newbie Around Here But I Must Say This Forum Is Great. I Got A 91 300e With 66k Miles That Was T-boned On The Passenger Side. Since The Cost Of Repairs Was Out Of My Pocket, I Had To Limit The Repair Shop To Body Work And Paint, So I Ended Up With A Ton Of D.i.y. But Thanks To You Guys, Just By Reading Your Questions And Answers, I'm Almost Through With The Interior Repairs.

Firstly, I Need Some Help With Installing My Passenger Seat. The Shop Broke The 8 Wire Prong (connector)that Plugs Unto The Seat. All The Wires And Metal Tips Are Ok And I Got A New Prong But I Don't Know Which Color Wire Goes To Which Number On The Prong(connector). Can Some Please Help Me With That?

Secondly, My Factory Radio Plays But No Sound From Any Speakers. The Passenger Side Speaker Was Damaged And Is Not Plugged In. Would That Stop The Other 5 Speakers From Playing? Is There An Amp Anywhere In The Car That Might Have Been Damaged In The Wreck? Any Suggestions ?

Thanks Again Guys !!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
Originally Posted by alexi67
Hi There Guys, I'm A Newbie Around Here But I Must Say This Forum Is Great. I Got A 91 300e With 66k Miles That Was T-boned On The Passenger Side. Since The Cost Of Repairs Was Out Of My Pocket, I Had To Limit The Repair Shop To Body Work And Paint, So I Ended Up With A Ton Of D.i.y. But Thanks To You Guys, Just By Reading Your Questions And Answers, I'm Almost Through With The Interior Repairs.

Firstly, I Need Some Help With Installing My Passenger Seat. The Shop Broke The 8 Wire Prong (connector)that Plugs Unto The Seat. All The Wires And Metal Tips Are Ok And I Got A New Prong But I Don't Know Which Color Wire Goes To Which Number On The Prong(connector). Can Some Please Help Me With That?

Secondly, My Factory Radio Plays But No Sound From Any Speakers. The Passenger Side Speaker Was Damaged And Is Not Plugged In. Would That Stop The Other 5 Speakers From Playing? Is There An Amp Anywhere In The Car That Might Have Been Damaged In The Wreck? Any Suggestions ?

Thanks Again Guys !!
There's an amp in the trunk i believe on the passenger side..but i cant guarantee it