E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Shaving and Painting my Grille

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by Bigpete123
Alright guys thanks for all of your input. I've decided to throw in the towel on this one. As some of you saw at our meet, the color did not turn out as well as I wanted it to, I did a sh*tty job with the bondo, and the aftermarket grille I bought fits quite poorly.

I definitely like the look of the color-matched grille, but not enough to spend the cash having a body shop properly match it. They would probably charge a lot because, although my paint is in good shape for its age, it has surely faded significantly over the last 18 years... so it would take them a long time to match it properly for such a small part.

So I will put the factory grille back on this weekend and throw the other one in the trash. Can somebody tell me how/where to obtain a proper flat badge? I don't want to get another hood star only to have it get ripped off again by some punk.

ohhh man just leave it you did a good job dude... drive it like that for a while and when you get another chance fill it some more and ***** it will be perfect.. i mean it was nice now but...
Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
Thanks Albert. The problem is I'm too ****. Every time I look at the grille I cringe. I stare at the flaws. I can't help it!

I instead decided to buy a chrome filler piece for my factory grille off of ebay. I couldn't find info on which flat badge to buy. We'll see how it looks... it was only $20 with shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...187137336&rd=1