E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Someone do me a favour? Please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone do me a favour? Please?

Hi,
Could someone please measure the trunk/boot of the W124? Saloon (sedan) please!
I want the dimensions inside in whatever units best suits you. I especially want the height of the trunk/boot under the headrests cux as far as I remember, the speakers might get in the way or something. Could someone please measure it for me?
My car is in HK and I'm in another country at the moment so I can't measure it myself.

Cheers everyone,
Jeff
Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Sorry just to make it clearer, I am especially worried about the height from the boot floor to the bottom of the speakers (where I remember there's a sheet of metal).
I'm having some work done to my trunk (planning) so it would be nice if any of you would do me a favour!

Cheers!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
what's up jeffrey, been a while!
i got about 16.5 to 17 inches or so, it's tough for me to measure with the sub box back there, but it's in that region
Old 03-17-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ZedStyle
what's up jeffrey, been a while!
i got about 16.5 to 17 inches or so, it's tough for me to measure with the sub box back there, but it's in that region
Cheers mate!
That's what I'm trying to fit in there too! I have an AVI Precision Audio sub now (see pic) but it's not using my mono amp to its full potential so I might be getting some dual coils (thus need a bigger enclosure!)

By the way mate, I remember the thing I could help you with. I'm just doing my final year now and I'll be back there permanently in 2-3mths. I'll send it ASAP when I'm back. I need a visit to the scrappy anyway! Sorry for the delay mate!
Attached Thumbnails Someone do me a favour? Please?-sl746533.jpg  
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
no worries...
i have a bandpass enclosure in the trunk with two subs in it, with the ports facing straight up. my sub box fits almost exactly under that metal shelf, so i had wanted to cut two holes in it so the ports would basically be coming straight into the car. no time for all that now, but that might be an idea when you do yours...
i have the EXACT same silver windshield sun blocker thing that you have in your trunk...!

Last edited by ZedStyle; 03-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 PM

Ah right. The box I'm planning on getting is 40.8cm tall (around 16.1 inches) so I hope it would fit under there.
Did you cut away the metal thing? I've cut my parcel shelf and there's a noticeable improvement but still not what I'm after.

LOL my trunk usually isn't that messy, but I took the pics just after the car came back from the mechanic. So I just stuffed everything in there. I'm still looking for those blinds with some funny paparazzi pics.. Can't find a pic of that at the moment though lol