E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

AMG Kit installation, need mounting hardware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by Bigpete123
I imagine if you have a full bumper replacement like the AMG Gen II, there's not much extra labor involved with just having the side cladding sprayed at the same time. Surface prep isn't terribly difficult because the surfaces are relatively flat. I would just rather have it all done at the same time to be sure.
You just have to know how to remove the side cladding....not difficult but good to have some new clips, just in case !
Old 04-30-2008, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
yeah, and those clips are apparently pretty tough to get from the stealership.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124's
Originally Posted by Bigpete123
yeah, and those clips are apparently pretty tough to get from the stealership.
I wouldn't say they are tough to get from the dealership - Just a matter of fact on knowing which exact clip to get, the part number (which I posted) etc. These clips are readily available everywhere to get at all dealerships because they come from two main warehouses.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I have all the clips I just need all of the ones for the small rear end caps...
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM

Mercedes 300E
Congratulations on the find.. They are getting really hard to come by.. I got one from a board member a while back.. Haven't got time to install it yet..
Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
EuroAMG,

The week before I took that car into the shop for the work, I had a change of heart.

Did the math, sold the kit to BoostedCayenne, saved the body work costs and bought a 2nd Cabriolet.

I figure I saved $4-$5 thousand, by the time I sold the kit pocketing that $1500 and skipped all the paint work which my car didn't need etc, and that was half the cost of a spare Cabriolet.

The only thing I ended up doing to that car was making the black bumper strip = same as the grey lowers, which I thought looked great. Sold that one to a friend now.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:31 AM

Mercedes 300E
Originally Posted by RHW
EuroAMG,

The week before I took that car into the shop for the work, I had a change of heart.

Did the math, sold the kit to BoostedCayenne, saved the body work costs and bought a 2nd Cabriolet.

I figure I saved $4-$5 thousand, by the time I sold the kit pocketing that $1500 and skipped all the paint work which my car didn't need etc, and that was half the cost of a spare Cabriolet.

The only thing I ended up doing to that car was making the black bumper strip = same as the grey lowers, which I thought looked great. Sold that one to a friend now.
Nice another Cabriolet! I just got my first one...
How much do the Amg kits right now cost already?

Any pics of the new one?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
This was a 2008 thread...when I sold that kit I had decided that I would probably not kit a 124. Similar lameness has overcome me on lowering kits. Just not consistent with my needs or usage.

The white Cab in current sig pic is my 2nd Cabriolet, first Cab was Silver but now gifted to stepdad.

The kit decision...it was reality staring me in the face. I LOVE(d) the Sportline, but $5000 imo would be better spent bringing in a whole new toy.

No idea of current value, for a complete real kit, I'd budget $2500 but plenty of good enough kits for half that are out there.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by RHW
This was a 2008 thread...when I sold that kit I had decided that I would probably not kit a 124. Similar lameness has overcome me on lowering kits. Just not consistent with my needs or usage.

The white Cab in current sig pic is my 2nd Cabriolet, first Cab was Silver but now gifted to stepdad.

The kit decision...it was reality staring me in the face. I LOVE(d) the Sportline, but $5000 imo would be better spent bringing in a whole new toy.

No idea of current value, for a complete real kit, I'd budget $2500 but plenty of good enough kits for half that are out there.
And besides that he is giving me the white Cabriolet - and paying for the shipping !
Aren't you RHW ? Your such a good friend !
Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 PM

1994 Mercedes E320 4dr black
This is my first post and I'm pretty new to Mercedes. I have an 1994 E320 black with silver bumper/sidemarkers and it's getting kind of old with damage to the front bumper. The rear bumper has already been replaced and/or repaired and repainted.

I want to see if there is anything that can be done to it in terms of a front and rear or a simple 4peice body kit.

I've seen the AMG C43 look body kit advertised but it doesn't look the same as a real AMG body kit. It looks ok, but haven't seen it on a real finished E320 from 1994 so I can't tell.

The pain has little cracks on the hood but still looks great from 10 feet so I don't think a repaint is needed.

I like the image below and would consider a bodykit to modernize the car with taste and some new wheels. I like the AMG aeroii wheels. What are the biggest wheels that can fit on this car and make it still safe and easy to drive? I need new shocks as well since the ones in it are original and never replaced. I also need my headliner re-placed re-glued and the lid box under the armrest replaced.

Here's a list:

1) amg or body kit or new front bumper
2) possibly new wheels (amg aero ii?)
3) new headliner/glue
4) lid for box under armrest
5) some dials on the radio
4) a way to add in iphone/ipad/ipod music to radio (currently has cd changer)
5) new shocks (koni yellows?)

This was such a beautiful car and would like to bring it back without getting crazy on the budget. I know I can buy a new or new-used Mercedes but want to know what I can do to this car.

Any advice?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

My car:

Last edited by 944j; 06-08-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: add picture of amg example