E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

sold my 88' 260E, considering a 95' E320...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88' 260E
sold my 88' 260E, considering a 95' E320...

Just sold it yesterday for a good price. Saw the 95' E320 US ver., full options, in an used auto showroom a year ago, and it's still available, maybe because the first offered price was too high, now they cut down almost 10% off. I have not tested it yet, but overall the car is in it's immaculate cond., 1st owned and has service and history records from a MB dealer, it has 60k miles. Beside a pre purchase inspection, what else should I look in to for having this great car? Also if I'll have this car I'm planning to lowered the suspensions and put a 17" AMG mono's or a Lorinser D93 with a staggered size on the rear. What will be the most comfortable set-up of springs and shocks that won't cause any rubbing issues or whatsoever? Thanks so much!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 e320...sold the rest
As for springs and shocks. I'd go with H&R Springs and Bilstein Sport Shocks. That will give you about 1.25-1.5" of drop. (Depending on your bump pads and whatnot)

You shouldn't have any rubbing issues unless the wheels are too wide or the offset it way wrong for the w124.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Originally Posted by exan
Just sold it yesterday for a good price. Saw the 95' E320 US ver., full options, in an used auto showroom a year ago, and it's still available, maybe because the first offered price was too high, now they cut down almost 10% off. I have not tested it yet, but overall the car is in it's immaculate cond., 1st owned and has service and history records from a MB dealer, it has 60k miles. Beside a pre purchase inspection, what else should I look in to for having this great car? Also if I'll have this car I'm planning to lowered the suspensions and put a 17" AMG mono's or a Lorinser D93 with a staggered size on the rear. What will be the most comfortable set-up of springs and shocks that won't cause any rubbing issues or whatsoever? Thanks so much!
If it is where they have a lift get the thing up and do a complete look at the underside (with the splash guard off) look for leaks on the guard when it is removed. Check around the rear passenger side of the head/block joint for oil or traces of it. they most likely steamed the engine compartment for show. They will have to run the car to get it to the lift which will pump any fluids if it has a leak. Do Car fax report if you can. ALso check the records to see if the wiring harness or head gasket have been replaced. If not expect that you will have to replace them in the future. Make sure you get to hear the car start up cold (check for cold start cam noise). Also test drive it right after start up. Sometimes if there are trans issues they can be covered up by letting the car get up to temp before you test drive it. Watch for slow shifting into reverse (it should engage within about 1 second any hesitation should be qestioned)

I drive a 94e320 and my buddy has a 260e. You will be very pleased when the RPM's hit about 2800 on full throttle (thank you variable valve timing). The car is nice hope it works out for you.