E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Cheap W124 Modding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz W124 250D
Originally Posted by 500eguy
i love the look of your car now! i actually liked it before too. I love 124 taxis or ex taxis, but it looks damn good, keep it going!
Thank you!!! But I wish I had the cars you have
Old 12-30-2008, 04:04 PM

Mercedes Benz W124 250D
OBX exhaust installed

This was just installed for better appearance. Hope you like it. There has been a slight improvement in sound. I am pleased considering it is a diesel. I'll do some more mods over time to improve the sound.
Attached Thumbnails Cheap W124 Modding-image-165-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-164-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-163-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 PM

Mercedes Benz W124 250D
new mods!!!
Attached Thumbnails Cheap W124 Modding-image-187-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-229-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-200-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-204-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-212-.jpg  

Cheap W124 Modding-image-235-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Mercedes Benz W124 250D
and strobe lights just for fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bj-4ul5KJA
Attached Thumbnails Cheap W124 Modding-image-264-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-265-.jpg   Cheap W124 Modding-image-266-.jpg  
Old 10-07-2010, 09:15 AM

corola
Exhaust system, air filter and suspensio is good idea. This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and Needs to be appreciated by everyone.i think the cost should be not more high.
=====================
One Day Car Insurance
Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 PM

1994 E-42ER White
Originally Posted by AMG_Fred
The reason why I mention the AMG badge is because it will devalue the presence of the badge. People spend top dollar to be able to get that car. A car with tremendous power and luxury. And when people "race" you, whether you even know you are in a race or not, and they "win" then they will say that the AMG cars aren't all that fast. That aside, these cars are great cars. That is why they can reach such great feats like 870,000 miles. You won't see some jaguar or BMW at that mileage. These cars are built well and I enjoy every minute I drive mine.

Exactly. If you get your panties in such a bunch over what other people or myself think then you should reevaluate your thinking. It is your car and you can do whatever you want to it. Heck you can add an 8 inch exhaust, JDM decals all over, painted neon green, and AMG emblems everywhere. I am simply stating my opinion on your car. Don't take it so personally man, its just a car. And don't worry about the financial burden right now. When I first got mine I was poor too. With proper education and experience you can mod it as you please!

Alright I may have come across somewhat harsh along my criticism but this is a public forum. This isn't a place where you should be praised for every single thing if you don't agree. If you want to go to a place where there is no criticism then the internet is the last place to go to.

Read my other posts in regards to my criticism; we just have differing tastes.

LASTLY, Welcome to MBworld.org, hope I didn't scare you off! Enjoy your stay and read through all of the threads. There is a lot of info on here. When I got my car I didn't even know the sunroof could tilt!
whats crackin my nig listen your car is dope the way it is you do need some work on it but still anything is possible don't listen to AMG_fred if he's so overportective about having AMG disgraced then he should remove the AMG from his name...also lower the car tint windows and it will look hella different

check it out

also i really haven't bought anything from ebay but i spend countless ours checking out there stuff and i am considering som

now and days parts for w124 are hard to come by so get your hands on what ever you like oh and check this out

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO AMG_FAG....
Old 04-29-2011, 04:41 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
The guys who spend real money on AMG think it kinda ghey to stick a $2.98 stickie on as an upgrade.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
I agree, but what if he has complimented the car with genuine AMG parts? Wheels, steering wheel, shift knob, etc...

I mean, it sorta becomes like the M Sport package on BMWs, or the S-Line for Audis.

I've debadged my car except for the stars in the front and rear. Wouldn't place an AMG stickie anyway (even though I do think I can do so morally). :P
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 PM

1994 E-42ER White
Originally Posted by Shoomakan
I agree, but what if he has complimented the car with genuine AMG parts? Wheels, steering wheel, shift knob, etc...

I mean, it sorta becomes like the M Sport package on BMWs, or the S-Line for Audis.

I've debadged my car except for the stars in the front and rear. Wouldn't place an AMG stickie anyway (even though I do think I can do so morally). :P
now you see where i'm coming from the AMG badge i got From MB dealer 55 bucks Also my License plate cover is 50 bucks again at the dealer going for everything OEM to convert my Car into a real AMG Maybe even better
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by Dj Death42er
now you see where i'm coming from the AMG badge i got From MB dealer 55 bucks Also my License plate cover is 50 bucks again at the dealer going for everything OEM to convert my Car into a real AMG Maybe even better
You should have saved the $105.00 and filled up your gas tank !

No matter how much you spend and what you do to your car it will never be a "real" AMG build...

If you really favor the marque then educate yourself in what AMG was and what it is now
Old 04-30-2011, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"88 300CE- First Year Production
I'll admit I don't know the history about AMG and all that it stands forbut when I bought my car it already had the badge on the trunk just like his..... and before I actually got my car all I ever really heard or understood about AMG's are that they made the luxurious bodykits and rims for Mercedes and still like that till this day with friends and family and people who see me on the streets. Now later I learned that they were a performance package kinda thing for mercedes but back then the engine was the last thing o my mind.... From what I started to understand is that you couldn't buy other w124 in AMG form like you can get AMG's these days, so the alternative was to build it into an AMG as these were just chilin at the mercedes dealerships easy or anything......
Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
Originally Posted by RBYCC

No matter how much you spend and what you do to your car it will never be a "real" AMG build...

If you really favor the marque then educate yourself in what AMG was and what it is now
Old 04-30-2011, 06:14 AM

1994 E-42ER White
Originally Posted by Makahveli
I'll admit I don't know the history about AMG and all that it stands forbut when I bought my car it already had the badge on the trunk just like his..... and before I actually got my car all I ever really heard or understood about AMG's are that they made the luxurious bodykits and rims for Mercedes and still like that till this day with friends and family and people who see me on the streets. Now later I learned that they were a performance package kinda thing for mercedes but back then the engine was the last thing o my mind.... From what I started to understand is that you couldn't buy other w124 in AMG form like you can get AMG's these days, so the alternative was to build it into an AMG as these were just chilin at the mercedes dealerships easy or anything......
Nuff said
Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 AM

1994 E-42ER White

I **** hundred dollar bills
Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by Makahveli
From what I started to understand is that you couldn't buy other w124 in AMG form like you can get AMG's these days, so the alternative was to build it into an AMG as these were just chilin at the mercedes dealerships easy or anything......
Forgive me but I fail to understand the language that you speak....

Very simply..
From inception AMG was an after market tuner.
It "franchised" it's operations globally to meet the needs of individual markets.
No different then what Brabus, Kleemann, Vath or RennTech are currently.

AMG and it's dealers would do whatever the client required on an ala carte basis.
There were no "finished showroom" builds.
To be able to purchase an AMG badge the customer was required to have three modifications done by AMG.
Mods could be anywhere from cosmetic to performance oriented.

Mercedes Benz purchased AMG in 1994 and introduced the first "showroom" AMG which was the C36 for the NA market along with a few 124 variants globally.

An AMG can't be bought "ala carte" anymore, just whatever finished build Mercedes is offering.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
Forgive me but I fail to understand the language that you speak....

Very simply..
From inception AMG was an after market tuner.
It "franchised" it's operations globally to meet the needs of individual markets.
No different then what Brabus, Kleemann, Vath or RennTech are currently.

AMG and it's dealers would do whatever the client required on an ala carte basis.
There were no "finished showroom" builds.
To be able to purchase an AMG badge the customer was required to have three modifications done by AMG.
Mods could be anywhere from cosmetic to performance oriented.

Mercedes Benz purchased AMG in 1994 and introduced the first "showroom" AMG which was the C36 for the NA market along with a few 124 variants globally.

An AMG can't be bought "ala carte" anymore, just whatever finished build Mercedes is offering.

'nuff said!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:00 PM

300TE s124 E320 w124 project
OP:What`s the mileage on the car now?