E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Do i have a new wiring harness?? I'm hoping it is....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E320 cabriolet
Do i have a new wiring harness?? I'm hoping it is....

I took the cab to my mechanic to have all the fluids changed, since the car is new to me. Radiator, trans, brake all new fluids. I asked him to change the plugs too but he warned me that changing them would disturb the wiring harness and so we skipped that.
After all the fluids were done, he took off the cover to reveal the bad wires. What we found was a new Harness. Or, at least he said it was. He has a 94 SL320 with an old harness, hence his opinion.
I did not change the plugs yet, he said there seemed to be no reason to do so.
Here is a picture i took of the harness. Do you guys think this is a new or old harness. The car has 46,500 miles.

Thanks again for your continued help.
Attached Thumbnails Do i have a new wiring harness?? I'm hoping it is....-img_0262a.jpg  

Last edited by cabriolad; 10-03-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2008, 09:49 PM

wiring harness

Check for the part number at the end of the harness behind the battery. Somewhere near the connector you should see it. Also check some of the wires. If the insulation is cracking it is bad. I have a harness (new in package) for the upper vin numbers for 750.00. (bought it before checking and found I had a new one already. It is a do it yourself job and you only need to get under the car at the rear of the engine to conect one wire.

heoliver@***.net
Old 10-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 E320 cabriolet
No tag

I had a look at the lead from the battery and did not see a tag and/or part no. The wires don't looked (or didn't look) cracked when we had the cover off. When i get back into town i'll have a closer look though.
Thanks for the offer on your harness, i'll see if i'll need it when i return.
thanks again