E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Engine questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 300E
Engine questions

I just recently got enought money saved up to take my car back to the indy and last time I was there picking up my car he told me that my right engine mount was leaking after doing some research on this I'm still not sure if engine mounts even have a liquid in them. He had replaced the mounts about 2 months before that and he said he only uses OEM parts. I have noticed that while sitting parked with the car on that there are noticable vibrations.

He also said that the front cover and head seaps is this a major problem? Speaking of indies does anybody know of a good shop in Hawaii on Oahu?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:33 PM

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E
MB uses hydraulic engine mounts so they can leak, but it usually takes years and a decent amount of miles.

Front cover leak isn't a big deal unless its gushing, don't worry about the head gasket till it is pouring oil, they all leak until they are replaced with the updated part. :/

-Mike
Old 11-24-2008, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
E
Originally Posted by ETNav382
I just recently got enought money saved up to take my car back to the indy and last time I was there picking up my car he told me that my right engine mount was leaking after doing some research on this I'm still not sure if engine mounts even have a liquid in them. He had replaced the mounts about 2 months before that and he said he only uses OEM parts. I have noticed that while sitting parked with the car on that there are noticable vibrations.

He also said that the front cover and head seaps is this a major problem? Speaking of indies does anybody know of a good shop in Hawaii on Oahu?
Engine mounts are pretty easy to replace by yourself if you're up to the challenge. All you need is a jack and a block of wood really.

Yes the mounts contain fluid. If the mounts are really only 2 months old and they leaking then something is wrong!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:13 AM

91 300E
He said that he would fix the mounts since he had put them in not too long ago. Also are there any members here in hawaii?