E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

230TE Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Geh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL500, 2007 E280
230TE Issues

ok so ive had my new 230TE for awhile now and im absolutely loving it

Now the Issues im having are as follows

1. On Cold Start ups, when ive just started the car the car idles really Roughly for about 10 secs, Also my idle jumps up and down, When the car comes right my oil pressure gauge decides to start leaving the 0 during the rough idling the oil gauge barely moves until the cars idle has leveled out which it will then operate.

2. Huge Smoke clouds on first take off, when i reverse my car out of the garage in the mornings the car doesn't seem to let off any smoke it only seems to do it on the first take off when i put my car into drive. The car has never blown smoke in reverse? Only in Drive

3.Clicking/Clacking noise from engine, I cant hear it in the cabin in the car with the windows up but when my window is down i can hear the clicking and the clicking increases with high rev's the clicking is on and off but more on then off, you can hear the noise maybe 90% of the time, when idling the noise can be heard but will come in on and off the noise is quite loud and can be easily heard when the engine is running. The closest thing i can describe the noise to is, an engine running with not enough oil in it? Though this is not the case

Any help on any of these problems would be much apprieciated

Last edited by Geh; 12-09-2008 at 03:11 AM.