E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Squeeking driverside suspension/steering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Originally Posted by appatula
Sorry to hear that, I bet a nice 420 would be a dream for you though . There have been many occasions in which I ask myself why I don't just go and buy a newer W124 but when I think about the time and money I have into my current beast, I shut right up. I'll also be doing my headgasket and valve stem seals once the weather warms up, good luck on that.
Yes the 420 would be great and that is what I will hold out for. I guess I came to the realization that with the age of these cars they are best served as a weekend / second car ( I know that is opinion). With miles i put on the car with everyday driving the car will be in constant need of tweeking and repair. It will be nice to not have to throw $300 into it a month because I have to rely on it to get to work every day. I absolutely love the w124 and the 104 engine is the best six I have ever had or driven. I will be getting my wife a car first, a second hand LR Discovery, and then start saving for the best e420 I can find for the cash. Who knows maybe I will wait for a 500. I will take over my wife's current car which unfortunately is a 2002 Chevy Malibu (at least it has the 3.1).