E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

got ripped off now need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 190e 2.3
Angry got ripped off now need help

I needed a car for the winter here in canada so I bought an 88 190e 2.3 didnt take a mechanic with me so naturally I am paying the price so far 1000 dollars new plug wires labour good plugs bunch of vaccume hoses air filter actually 4 now. my problems are #1 bought the car without knowing the air filter was clogged with oil and oils comes out the air intake.does anyone know what causes this? someone said pcv valve then mercedes tells me there is no pvc valve on this car well then what the hell did the mechanic have in his hand saying theres no guts left in it lol? this bugs me i will drive this thing till it dies.
but where the real money comes in is when the *******s are looking to find out why i lose all power after an automatic carwash
by power i mean it doesnt stall but i literally have to gunn it to go anywhere and on snow that equals 360 it just started raining hard last night and apparently that causes it too are these two problems connected? im stumped and not willing to spend money unless i can catch these swine mechanics.
or put a new filter in it.

cant wait till summer to park this money trap