E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Remus Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 E320
Remus Exhaust

Does any know where I can get a Remus muffler at a reasonable price? Also does anyone have any experience with them? Are they real loud?

Thanks
Alan
92 300E 4matic
Old 03-05-2003, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Hey Alan, I got my Remus from my tuner shop in Calgary, Canada called Tunerworks.. They could help you out...call them (403)398-9832 and ask if they will send you parts or maybe they can suggest where you'd look in NJ. Remus exhaust is amzing..it sounds nice...not loud just a bit more bass in the exhaust note. It is high quality stuff and the W210 mercedes specific model that i have fits nicely on a w124 and it is designed for benz, not universal...nice dual chrome square tips.....great product, you will be happy with it
Old 03-07-2003, 12:36 PM

1994 C280, 2002 E320
I am also curious about the performance increase gained when switching mufflers. I'm getting older and don't "floor" it that often, and I actually enjoy the quietness of the stock muffler - especially on long trips. But, I am nearing a muffler replacement and want to explore my options.

Is there a noticable difference during normal driving, ie. when the accelerator is half pressed to get up a steep expressway hill? Or is the difference only when the throttle is buried?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:27 AM

1991 (W124) 300E 4Matic
My remus exhaust is a god-sent! I love it. It is a classy sound that sounds like belongs on a higher-end car, not a civic! It doesn't drone at highway speeds like the huge cans do, and is doesn't cause chaos, but it does roar when pushed and it does have a great idle note! I changed my exhaust and my air-filter to a K&N at the same time, and I felt a difference. It has more snap, more bang for the buck. And it sounds incredible. I don't regret anything. It's, by far, the best thing I've done to my car next to the sounds system!

L8
Old 04-03-2003, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Originally posted by Tinman
My remus exhaust is a god-sent! I love it. It is a classy sound that sounds like belongs on a higher-end car, not a civic! It doesn't drone at highway speeds like the huge cans do, and is doesn't cause chaos, but it does roar when pushed and it does have a great idle note! I changed my exhaust and my air-filter to a K&N at the same time, and I felt a difference. It has more snap, more bang for the buck. And it sounds incredible. I don't regret anything. It's, by far, the best thing I've done to my car next to the sounds system!

L8
About the exhuast sound, I concur!! although I think my bi-turbo will be the best thing I do to my E