E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

300E Turbo LPG Project

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300E Turbo
Originally Posted by chlippo
I lost the info of the guy selling those...someone please send it to me by pm or so.
I am tempted by the engine mounts + tranny mount...

PS: Never mind, found it
was this the fella? Large thread but this page has approx prices. The mounts are not available for a while (I think, will check) but there is pics & info concerning them here:

http://190rev.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35434&page=13

Last edited by BAD300; 10-26-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
124 320ce amg widebody twin turbo, the nail
one thing to consider, wich i kinda forgot about, may or may not make a difference, but you should know;

akes engine mounts are made of steel, i had a guy i know turn me some alloy replacement parts, now i never drove the car with the steel parts mind, but it was mentioned that mine being alloy may be part of the reason why i dont get much vibration in the cabin, as alloy may absorbs more of the vibrations than steel...
Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM

300E W124, 300E W124 3.4 AMG, Audi S3 2002
you got a picture of your alloy engine mounts?

in both ways i dont think akes engine mounts fit my 104 (early)...maybe i should try to fabricate something like ur mounts
Old 10-27-2011, 03:57 PM

300E Turbo
Originally Posted by the_widebody
one thing to consider, wich i kinda forgot about, may or may not make a difference, but you should know;

akes engine mounts are made of steel, i had a guy i know turn me some alloy replacement parts, now i never drove the car with the steel parts mind, but it was mentioned that mine being alloy may be part of the reason why i dont get much vibration in the cabin, as alloy may absorbs more of the vibrations than steel...
Oh OK!

Last edited by BAD300; 10-27-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by chlippo
you got a picture of your alloy engine mounts?

in both ways i dont think akes engine mounts fit my 104 (early)...maybe i should try to fabricate something like ur mounts
they are the same as akes, but the two metal parts are made from alloy

should fit 104 engined car, and 201?

Last edited by the_widebody; 10-28-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:34 PM

300E W124, 300E W124 3.4 AMG, Audi S3 2002
No it wont it M104 engined cars. The mounts are different
Old 10-29-2011, 12:52 PM

ok, i just assumed it was different 'arms' (the ally part with four bolts to attach it to the block, with one hole for the top of the mount) that go from the block to the top of the mount.

following on from ^ i therefore expected that if you got a pair of the ally 'arms' from a 103 motor, and bolted them to the 104 block, then you could use the mounts...

my 103 block has six holes, which allow this part to fit in two places, maybe for the 124 or 126 mount positions? 103 and 104 blocks are more or less the same?

worth a check?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 PM

300E Turbo
Thanks to nick I have contacted flo-flex in the UK for info regarding poly bushes. They do the front LCA's & rear arm bushes only from what I can gather.

No reply after 3 days but this is all too typical of suppliers. Anyway, they have them I believe but I wanna know whether they are softer street hardness or race?

On a side note, I am trying to locate a top to bottom intercooler. I've researched these as being more efficient than the side tank IC's. Have found one that may fit in US & again, await a reply. They also stock all joiners & pipe sizes.

So we'll wait..............

Last edited by BAD300; 11-05-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM

300E Turbo
Ok..........

Just in the process of making a decision on the poly bushes.

Although I can save a bundle with some of them by getting them from UK, they don't have all I want. Another supplier has offered me just about the entire bushing sets, including a set of RDMTek front camber plates & a set of rear adjustable camber arms @ a considerably higher cost but, this would be for the most part all I need to modify this slouch suspension for the power increase it will get!

So, how it stands is, I can either get the most part of the suspension bushings for alot cheaper or, suck up the extra cost to allow for the other poly parts & the extra stuff mentioned above?

Never an easy decision with these cars
Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes AMG
Great choice in turbo, I'm about to put one on my bike. Should be good for 550hp
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 PM

300E Turbo
Originally Posted by mysticblu999
Great choice in turbo, I'm about to put one on my bike. Should be good for 550hp
Farkmerone mystic! On a bike? Your one psycho man....but I luvs it also luv's the BBS's mystic
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 PM

300E Turbo
Well......been putting the inevitable off for too long.........out to the garage to rip out whats left of the butchered engine harness including the makeshift ECU harness that's there.

The pics won't be pretty.........either will the language...........
Old 11-16-2011, 05:55 PM

300E Turbo
Ok. Awaiting an invoice for front & rear wishbone poly bushes coming from UK haha & the intercooler.

Once I have the bushes I can get them pressed along with lower ball joints & also fit the 4-pot brake calipers & larger brake rotors I have.

As I will be relocating to Q'land (1800odd kms further north) early in the new year. Focus now is on getting the car off the blocks & rolling again for the long transport upwards. Oh, & the struts & coil springs dammit! Just gotta get them freighted a bit cheaper. Bloody expensive for these as they aren't offered both @ the same place

so now, waiting, waiting.......
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM

300E Turbo
UPDATE

Intercooler was $185 delivered from here. Will be arriving this week. May modify it which will add fair bit to cost.....

Just paid for Poly Bushes from UK. Both front & rear LCA bushes delivered for $253AUS! That's excellent!!!

Invoice from US for Bilstein Struts delivered approx = $695AUS! That's between 2/3 & 1/2 what I would pay here! Once I have invoice I will pay.

So, not bad on a whole I guess? But, surely won't be doing this ever again!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 PM

300E Turbo
OK. Just completed payment transaction for Bilsteins from US, $723AUS. AUS$ sux @ moment. So, now all the important suspension stuff is sorted!

Hopefully the IC will be here soon so I can @ least attempt the fitment for now. Obviously can't do pipework until exhaust parts are delivered.......
Old 11-26-2011, 12:40 AM

300E Turbo
Happy now

Just returned from an aluminium welder I found just a tad over 10mins away from me. Top bloke who's modest & does good work for simple hrly rate. No bull****!

I dropped off the IC for him to reposition the tank end pipes. He is also keen to do the IC piping once I get all the gear from OS to fit. He's keen to work with me bits & pieces @ a time.

Can do all types of welding & really proud of his work!

Feel better about my mission now
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 PM

300E Turbo
Just in process of sourcing certain parts OS....ie: tie rod link/ends; front ball joints; rear subframe mounts; diff mount/bushings; trans cooler; turbo cooling/oil lines, banjos etc, strut mounts, boots & bump stops, swaybar bushes (these are pretty straight forward though)

Couldn't wait the 3 month backorder from here for H&R sports lowered coil springs as this would set me back too much time & I'd basically have nothing to do til' I get turbo gear from Scandinavia (root that!) So, managed to source them from US for only $50 more than if I waited. These will be freighted via USPS priority mail (believe me you pay for this but far less chance of it getting lost in a slow-haul freight service & I need to get started with this car as I hope to get it @ least drivable by mid May next year ) Incidentally, US supplier I managed to find was only $50 cheaper than other suppliers so, another win

As it now stands, awaiting the following:

a) turbo header, detachable 3" dump pipe & external WG pipe, WG, BOV, cam
& crank trigger wheels & adapter plates to suit, VEMS ECU, wiring
harness to suit & all sensors etc coming from Estonia (across ocean from
Sweden )
b) IC refurbish from here
c) H&R coil springs from US
d) Bilstein struts from US
e) S500 150A alternator from US
f) Poly bushes from UK......so.....waiting

Last edited by BAD300; 11-29-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:42 PM

300E Turbo
um..................liquid injection is only $500 more than vapour. I was given bull**** information from a-hole here where I live & also from another. Been like this for years too btw.....how do these **** stay in business

Anyway, confirmed it all with installer who uses LPG warehouse gear (JTG installs), the "ants pants" of LPI "untuned" can expect about 15wkw more power than with petrol / "tuned" up to 30 economy near that of fuel & capable of higher CR's than fuel too

Fark there's alot to learn/know.......when I explained I am running aftermarket ECU & trigger wheels etc, he then confirmed it can be run via direct LPI, not duel-fuel bull****!

Not much booking time necessary either! Only a week or two! I thought it would be months, so this is one huge plus.......

Again, until I get the turbo header & gear from OS, I can't do alot of the technical stuff. But when suspension & front-end gear turn up, @ least I can do the undercarriage.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM

300E Turbo
Here's just a little something different to wet the appetite of performance folk, helping to explain what I'm really about .........

QUOTE from a recent article:

......Whereas traditional vapour LPG systems turn liquefied gas into vapour form before feeding it into the engine via a venturi in the throttle body, the liquid phase injection (LPI) system takes the gas in liquid state all the way to the injectors -- a more precise method that Ford says delivers improved engine performance.......

Last edited by BAD300; 12-04-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:23 PM

300E Turbo
sheesh! Tryin to stay up with this LPI stuff.......

The JTG system uses it's own injectors that come with the kits. This means I don't have to fork out for LS2 COP injectors or even run EFI @ all, due to dedicated LPI set up. Just wish I didn't need to use the pidly donut where my spare should be but apparently this has the necessary pump needed.

Anyway, spoke guy in charge this morn & he's keen to have the car as soon as I get it all together, up to fitting the VEMS ECU & harness, then shop takes over. Cart comes home on all fours

Found OEM suppliers in UK & US for all the tidly OEM suspension parts like, ball joints, idler arm bushings, Strut boots & bump stops, boot rubber, draglink & tie rod assemblies, expansion tank cap, thermostat & other tid bits......all the pita stuff including the rear flex plate (driveshaft donut) for 1/3rd cost it is here &....heavily discounted expedited freight on most so hopefully gets here round same time as the springs. Bilsteins arrived yesterday
Old 12-26-2011, 03:54 PM

300E Turbo
Well. All parts I ordered were delivered pre-Chrissie.

Poly LCA bushes
H&R sports springs & coil hats
Bilstein Sports; bump stops; boots; & strut mounts
Centre bearing
Torsion bar bushes
Idler arm bush kit
drag link; tie rod assemblies
ball joints
rear flex plate
non A/C serp belt
thermostat
reservoir cap
wiper blade
150A alternator

Very cool! Only hickup was one idiot supplier who didn't send 1 ball joint in order then, sends a used one as a replacement :o

I will take pics of all goodies later today.

Also, scored an S320 M104 fuel rail from US for a bargain It will come post new year.

Next, I just need the modded intercooler again, post new year now.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM

300E Turbo
Well, the infamous parcel from Estonia is packed & ready to send. I will be making payment today & hopefully, it'll be sent on it's way this week. So, I'll be hanging out for the tracking number & then, be a little less stressed with the whole thing from then on

I was reflecting this morn' on the dramas I've experienced with this project. Unbelievable. More unbelievable is the fact I still give a toss. I drive a comfortable car already, it needs maintenance like any other & takes too much time up now & then. I walk past the 300E every other day as it sits there raped.

Too daunting to even imagine it reliably taking off down the road as a daily sometime? in the future.......

The puzzling thing for me once after market ecu arrives is what ignition set up I run? I was going to go with the COP's as stated before but with the liquid LP injection system I'm having fitted, they can't be utilised as the system uses it's own mysterious injectors! Hmmmm..................