E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Question regarding suspension combination (Lowering kit springs & Shocks)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w124 e320
Question regarding suspension combination (Lowering kit springs & Shocks)

Hey all, im a newbie whois tryin to have a great looking and fun to drive (daily) w124 1994 e320, which is rolling with 18' rims and 40 tires' profile.

I'm little bit confused which one that i should choose, either eibach or h&r lowering kit with the combination of bilstein shocks - sport (yellow) for daily car? any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rd
Old 12-10-2010, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/t...bach_hr_rd.jsp

I'd assume that feel is consistent across the rest of their spring line ups (from vehicle to vehicle).

You could also try and search here for impressions people have about the two different spring sets.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 AM

1994 E220 Coupe
Check the offset of your rims as you may get scrubbing if you lower it
Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
I have eibachs and sports n one car and HRs and sport in another. Brett, great link, first time I read it through. And it agrees with the comments I have.

For my tastes, the eibachs are a very small amount less drop.

If I was picking a spring for the added drop, great looks, the HR goes a tad lower...if I was looking for a slight compromise of more suspension but nice drop, I'd pick the eibachs.

My last purchase was another set of HRs.

That TIRERACK report says the same,
eibachs offer slightly better road comfort, HRs offer slightly better track times (assumedly because they are tighter/lower)

BOTH are great imo. win win...choose your poison. Stock is like driving on a pillow, which is also easy to like!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:00 PM

w124 e320
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/t...bach_hr_rd.jsp

I'd assume that feel is consistent across the rest of their spring line ups (from vehicle to vehicle).

You could also try and search here for impressions people have about the two different spring sets.
Thank you for the article, it gives me more information with perfect situation as well.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:10 PM

w124 e320
Originally Posted by spetz
Check the offset of your rims as you may get scrubbing if you lower it
its 35, and it should be fine since many of friends are using those lowering kit for their w124s whose rolling with 19s with no scrubbing issues.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:21 PM

w124 e320
Originally Posted by RHW
I have eibachs and sports n one car and HRs and sport in another. Brett, great link, first time I read it through. And it agrees with the comments I have.

For my tastes, the eibachs are a very small amount less drop.

If I was picking a spring for the added drop, great looks, the HR goes a tad lower...if I was looking for a slight compromise of more suspension but nice drop, I'd pick the eibachs.

My last purchase was another set of HRs.

That TIRERACK report says the same,
eibachs offer slightly better road comfort, HRs offer slightly better track times (assumedly because they are tighter/lower)

BOTH are great imo. win win...choose your poison. Stock is like driving on a pillow, which is also easy to like!
hmmm thanks for the input, i might go for the eibach with smaller point of spring pads.