E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Nitto tires. Cheaper, but are they any good???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
Nitto tires. Cheaper, but are they any good???

Hi Guys;

Living up here in Canada, we pay a lot more for tires than in the US.

More than one border town in WA. makes good money at their shipping depots, receiving tires from US sellers. for Canadian customers. Canadians come down and transport their purchases across the line, themselves, avoiding brokerage fees. Canadian Customs still charges tax, but tires are still much cheaper that way, than buying from a local tire shop.

A friend asked me if any of our forum members had experience with Nitto tires, particularly Nitto Nt555 92W's. Admittedly, these are for a BMW Z4, but I said I would ask, in a general sense.

Apparently, the Nitto's are about $1,000 for a set of four, installed, in Canada!

My friend is trying to get away from the Bridgestone Potenza 'runflats", for a better ride and to save money. The runflats are $2,200 for the set, up here.

I see that Tirerack doesn't even carry the Nitto brand, and there are no reviews on such tires. I have heard though, that Nitto's are simply re-branded Toyo's.

Perhaps Nitto's are just crap tires???

I would be interested to hear what anyone knows about these.

Thanks, in advance.

BTW, I suggested that he look into the Hankooks, as they had very favourable reviews on one site.