E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Nitto Invo Tyres - Any Thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 03:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 W124 300CE
Nitto Invo Tyres - Any Thoughts ?

Hi Guys
As some might recall I have bought a set of used 10 Spoke MB wheels
for 'FRITZ' (see picture in other thread regarding IT'S MINE) staggered 17 inch 7.5 fronts & 8.5 rears.
On the tyre side there is quite a selection which will be 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear. I have come across some which I believe are common in the USa but only fairly new here in Oz ! Nitto Tyres in particular the Invo (see picture). Anyone have any experiences with these or thoughts ?
Bear in mind please my application is not much boy racer or weekend madman but a more general usage suburban with occassional country trip and comfort and noise are of issue. Currently fitted on the Ergon E Class wheels are 235/45/17 Nexen N5000 which don't seem to bad for noise and ride but being not useable on new wheeel set when they come back from having there faced machined.
Attached Images  

Last edited by stormtigers; 06-05-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 06-05-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300TE
My Nitto experience was about 10 years back, so take it with a grain of salt; tread design & compound engineering change so fast! I fitted Nitto's on a sport sedan for mostly suburban usage. My recollection was they were good tires, but when I replaced them I didn't go with Nitto again because they weren't "better enough" to justify the brand premium. Sorry I don't recall the specific model. I do recall liking how the tread pattern looked on my car which is worth something. I'd say if the numbers make sense go with them, but if they're at a premium then you're throwing away money for their aggressive marketing program. Say, Fritz is a nice looking score - good luck with him. -G