E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

ARP Head Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:30 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
ARP Head Bolts

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I'm in the process of collecting parts for my W124 turbo build.

I've heard that ARP make some quality products, especially fasteners and bolts/studs. So I sent them an email asking if they made anything for the 3.0 M104 as it wasn't on their product catalog, and they replied with a full measurement sheet that I needed to fill out.

Basically, I'm sharing this information with you for a couple of reasons:

A: I don't think I can take all the required measurements, still new to the monkey wrenching business;

B: High performance bolts and fasteners are important parts of ANY build, be it for reliability or performance. So I'm sure some of you here would be interested.

Those of you with a fruit forum account, post it there if you like.

Edit: I can't figure out how to attack an Office Excel file here. Anyone who's interested or knows how to post it here, please send me an email at: Shoomakan@hotmail.com

Cheers all.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
124 320ce amg widebody twin turbo, the nail
i have arp head blots and big end bolts in my car, i dont have the dimentions because they were supplied by the piston and rod vendor, but he said they were 'off the shelf' products.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 AM

2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
Originally Posted by the_widebody
i have arp head blots and big end bolts in my car, i dont have the dimentions because they were supplied by the piston and rod vendor, but he said they were 'off the shelf' products.
Then I think it's safe to assume that there's an off the shelf part that fits our engines as well. Because they do NOT produce them specifically for the M104. That was confirmed in their email.

I think that's also why they sent me the spec sheet measurement tool, so that they could see what they already have that works. I doubt they'll crank up the moulds for a set of bolts for little old me.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
124 320ce amg widebody twin turbo, the nail
having thought about it for a while, as far as i recall (five years ago!) the arp head bolts that were supplied to fit my 103 engine were designed for a citroen engine...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
Honestly unless you are planning on shooting for really high hp numbers it is not necessary. I am still running stock bolts in my car and have never had a problem with either. I know at some point I may lift the head but it has not happened yet. As far as rod bolts go unless you are planning on revving the thing way high then they are not going to be an issue. You will break pistons and other things before this becomes an issue. I would invest in pistons and rods if I thought I was going to have problems with the bottom end. You would also want to modify the oiling on the journals to let it rev this high without going dry.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM

2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
I'm only interested in this for the reliability of it. It seems to me that components that would handle alot more than I intend to give it would be good for the car's reliability factor.

I'm not really shooting for more than 350whp, so I think I'm safe either way no matter what I end up doing.