E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Dreams Come True, but not to full extent =)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Mercedes-Benz E320
Cool Dreams Come True, but not to full extent =)

Hello Everyone, so finally my dream have came true, and I bought 1994 Mercedes Benz E320, in color I wanted, and fair good condition. It has a 165.xxx miles on it, and every single thing work, well except drivers window, does not roll down, but I can hear the motor works.
Well So I am a happy owner now, and amazed by Mercedes quality and comfort with power combined! Love w124 design! It is solid man's car =)
I have a question thou about maintenance, how do I take good care of it? I just changed all fluid at Oil Can Henry. What else do I do to it? it is the first Mercedes in my life, and I sure want it to last for me for a long time.
By the way, it looks like it has a minor oil leak somewhere in the bottom part of the engine? Anyone know what could it be? And how much will repair cost to me?
Thank you Every one for your help! I am hoping to hear a lot of respond ;-)
Attached Thumbnails Dreams Come True, but not to full extent =)-imgp1487.jpg   Dreams Come True, but not to full extent =)-imgp1490.jpg   Dreams Come True, but not to full extent =)-imgp1476.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by zh000
Hello Everyone, so finally my dream have came true, and I bought 1994 Mercedes Benz E320, in color I wanted, and fair good condition. It has a 165.xxx miles on it, and every single thing work, well except drivers window, does not roll down, but I can hear the motor works.
Well So I am a happy owner now, and amazed by Mercedes quality and comfort with power combined! Love w124 design! It is solid man's car =)
I have a question thou about maintenance, how do I take good care of it? I just changed all fluid at Oil Can Henry. What else do I do to it? it is the first Mercedes in my life, and I sure want it to last for me for a long time.
By the way, it looks like it has a minor oil leak somewhere in the bottom part of the engine? Anyone know what could it be? And how much will repair cost to me?
Thank you Every one for your help! I am hoping to hear a lot of respond ;-)
Picture of the oil leak area and description of where on the bottom it is apparently coming from. Could be a timing seal or anything just depends on where.

Looks good my friend - look after it and it will look after you !
Did it come with service books ?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 AM

1994 Mercedes-Benz E320
On one of the receipts I have found it has a note: "Fix engine oil leaks- front of the engine, possible timing chain cover gasket (first step) or cylender head gasket. 06/16/2009
Originally Posted by stormtigers
Picture of the oil leak area and description of where on the bottom it is apparently coming from. Could be a timing seal or anything just depends on where.

Looks good my friend - look after it and it will look after you !
Did it come with service books ?
Came with most of the service records, I am showing that the engine wire harness was done in 2006, but I could say that someone took a very good care of it, and was not afraid to pay for service, or for things that are needed to be done.
I will have the picture of the leak a little later, and it is looks like the pan is oily, I am not sure thou. I just hope it is not the head gasket...
it is 165.xxx wonder how much longer will it go?

Last edited by zh000; 04-17-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by zh000
On one of the receipts I have found it has a note: "Fix engine oil leaks- front of the engine, possible timing chain cover gasket (first step) or cylender head gasket. 06/16/2009

Came with most of the service records, I am showing that the engine wire harness was done in 2006, but I could say that someone took a very good care of it, and was not afraid to pay for service, or for things that are needed to be done.
I will have the picture of the leak a little later, and it is looks like the pan is oily, I am not sure thou. I just hope it is not the head gasket...
it is 165.xxx wonder how much longer will it go?
Look after it and no reason not to see 500,000 on it !!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 AM

1994 Mercedes-Benz E320
Originally Posted by stormtigers
Look after it and no reason not to see 500,000 on it !!!!!
Is timing chain cover gasket any way better then Cylinder Head Gasket?
Or is it paint in either way?
Have any idea of how much I am looking at $$ to fix it?
Thank you
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM

2004 SLK 230, 1992 300E & 400E
Timing cover gasket, much much easier/cheaper than a head gasket, and, it IS most likely the timing cover gasket. Price to fix it------don't know.