E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Idle Surge Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 2003 E320
Idle Surge Help!

I have 93' 300E 2.8 that has started to surge when coming to a stop, the motor starts to surge and you can see the oil hand and RPM hand go back and forth along with the motor. Eventually when completely stopped, the surge slowly dies down dies down. This all started to happen at once and this wasn't a progressive problem. I also park my car on a hill and when you first crank it up, it acts like it doesn't want to go and starts to surge without giving any gas and has cut off. When I crank it back up and just give it a lot of gas, it seems to go.

Could anyone help me with this? I took it by my mechanic and he couldn't find any loose connections or vacuum lines. He did say my oxygen sensor wire a small indention that looked like the drive shaft got a hold of it? Any help would do!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,047 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
This is a ditto post to all the idle surge issues-------You need to do some homework and locate a good mechanic who knows/understands how to test the applicable idle system----the surging could be any number of mechanical and or pneumatic issues----my guess is a faulty air flow sensor!!