E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Suspension / wheel qustion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Suspension / wheel qustion

Well I got myself some ph fat wheels for my benz they are 17" 225 wheels. I have #1 bumps in the front and back of my car and the rear wheels stick out of the side of the car. when i hit bumps with passengers in the back, my rear wheels rub. I want to lower the rear end even more, are there like stopers better shocks, springs or what I want to do this the cheapest way possible. i think my shocks are pretty worn will that help just to replace them?
Old 03-31-2004, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

grammar, spelling and paragraph breaks will be your best help right now. otherwise intepret that into english for us.

*if you have wheels with too much offset, they will stick out. theres nothing "phat" about that. it looks (east los angeles) ghetto.
*changing the shocks will not change that "wheel sticking out" phenomenon. you need new wheels.
*changing the shocks will not correct that "rubbing as i go over bumps if i have friends in the backseat" as long as you have those same wheels.
*if you only have one bump on your bump stops you are already on the lowest factory height short of a sportline suspension. cheap lower springs are probably available, but that is false economy. as are cheap anything.

get good brand names from reputable sources or learn the hard way. you still might learn a lesson from the wheels you have. that goes for springs, shocks, tires etc.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:14 PM

Fisrt of all my tires are not to fat. The wheels are pretty well flush with the wheel wells. I discoverd the answer to my problem looking on other threads. I guess I have to bend my inner fender lip up and it should solve my problem.