E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Need Help Documenting AMG Interior

Old 06-08-2017, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'94 E320 CV Sportline/AMG
Need Help Documenting AMG Interior

I have a 1994 E320 cabriolet originally built 3Q, 1993 and delivered 4Q, November 18, 1993, to original owner in Switzerland. The build codes lists among many AMG options, 653 Sport chassis and 425 5 speed AT. Oddly, though, it also lists the interior code as 371A ,Fabric Plaid Black. Yet the car was ordered by and delivered to the original owner with leather interior matching to the exterior color568U, Signal Red. It also came equipped with Recaro front seats, MB Sport(?) Steering wheel and a Leather/brushed aluminum "AMG" Shift knob, including a 512 Radio MB Special(with Traffic News Decoder and RDS).

My question is where was the factory interior modified and by whom? The original owner is still alive and tells me she ordered the car as it was delivered to her by Daimler Suisse AG, in exactly the same condition as I now own it. Save for an earlier AMG Gen 1, Hammer replica front bumper installed by the second owner after the original Gen 2 bumper was damaged the car is virtually untouched with approximately 117K Kilometers.

Any help provided learning any information on this offered option, or direction toward finding factory documentation for this,I would deeply appreciate it. It is the only W124; in any trim, I have found with matching interior/exterior color code. The original owner gave me two clues when she mentioned, 1. her family had been buying Mercedes since 1912, and 2. that the Daimler agent who visited her, recommended it would be practical for her to not order the full AMG E36 package, but in lieu of ordering the 5 speed automatic transmission combined with 3:69 gear ratio rear axle. She said he convinced her by reminding her she wouldn't be going fast down the Autobahn than transversing the Alps to her other home on the Mediterranean Coast. With the obvious money saved she laughed still recalling for me that she told him, "then I want it 'all' Ferrari Red"! I can just imagine the Daimler agent at the time furiously filling out the order, elated with his luck.

Let me express beforehand to everyone who can offer information and advice towards documenting this rare car, thank you so very much for your help. I literally have no where else to turn to learn more.

Best regards,

Rick

rballccc@gmail.com