E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Why Is my interior different then yours? Is it? E36 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 c43 amg
what interior options are these? Can't find them anywhere. E36 renntech

Ok to save you guys time from reading my whole story below, I'm hoping someone knows whatsup with the interior on my new 1986 300e (badged e36 renntech) pictures below

. Allright so last week I drove an hour away for a 5speed 1986 mercedes for sale. That was literally the listing name. I looked at the pictures and it looked to have an amg kit on it. It was priced so low I was going to buy it for parts and not expect much more.
When I get there first thing I noticed is that it's badged e36 and renntech. all of the kit is original amg and stamped. Checked the front, back, side skirts, even the spoiler. I get inside the car and the dash is really bad.... but... it's double stiched leather all the way around. Also the center console is double stitched, and the steering wheel, airbag, and the under dash pad, and the shifter all double stitched leather. I didnt think much of it. Then I got to looking at the seats, the fronts where pretty worn and torn but they are a much thicker leather then I've ever seen on most mercedes, and tbh I've seen tons of 300e and none of them have had this leather. The back seats are beautiful, even the door cards have the thicker leather edges and the wood is allot bigger than any others I've seen.next I look down to step out and the floormatts are embroiderd "e36" weird but wasn't really thinking about it. next is all the lights. The front headlights are glass hella as well as the euro clear corners hella, tail lights hella and the fog lights where busted but I believe they where hella too. The brakes look nothing like stock 300e's and look to be like those used on sl600s. The car has 16" lorinser rs90 wheels that I checked to be real. Checked underneath and the cars sitting on koni shocks and h and r springs, had a thick red front sway bar, as well as a weird extra protection bar for the radiator. Had the phone in the center console, speedo didn't look to belong on the car honestly but everything else seemed legit to me.. so we make a deal for less then I expected and I drive this thing home misfiring and sputtering home, about a 20 minute drive. I don't think much of it, I look it over real quick and call it a night. Next day I wake up, pull it in the shop, and decide to change the plugs, wires, oil, filters and brakes, all the basics. I start to pull the first plug and the boots not connected to it.. check the second plug and it's barely on the plug. Third isn't plugged in either. The rest where tight and fine. I start the car up just to see if there's a difference and wow. It started up like nothing and idled great with a really nice tone to it. I pull out of the garage and give it a little once I got on the street and this thing burns rubber 1,2 and part of 3rd. No lie something is different but looking under the hood it looks completely stock. The Valve cover is a bronze color wich I thought was factory and the airbox looks stock too but the filter inside was k and n.

Last edited by mrhassouneh; 02-14-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:01 AM

1999 c43 amg
Any info would be appreciated and yes I've searched just about everywhere. I've seen repro stitched dashes for these. But nothing else, stitched airbags, center consoles don't exist on google for whatever reason
Old 02-14-2018, 08:16 PM

1999 c43 amg
Anyone? Really just trying to find a replacement dash, and front seats.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
w202
carat by duchatelet used to make those type of interior wood trims and other interior enhancements back in the day...