E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Trying to resurrect 93 300TE after very long storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Trying to resurrect 93 300TE after very long storage

Hello all
I have recently purchased a 1993 300TE wagon that has been in a very long storage inside a mechanic shop. I believe initially it came to be in the shop to have the head gasket replaced. At some point the project was semi-completed but pushed into the back corner of the shop where it stayed for years and years. I have pulled it out of the corner and I am attempting to bring the car back to life. Unfortunately it looks like not all of the pieces were properly reassembled onto the engine after the cylinder head was reinstalled. Since I am by no means a Mercedes expert I am hoping some of the experts here can tell me some helpful information about some of the things that are puzzling me.

Currently the water pump is off the car and because of this I am able to peer up under the intake manifold and I see what looks like two different sized vacuum connections on the underside of the intake that do not have anything connected to them.

two mystery vacuum connections under the intake
Can anyone here tell me where these connections are supposed to go?

Down below where the water pump bolts to the block is what looks to be a water outlet or inlet.

mystery coolant connection
Again any enlightenment about where this is supposed to be connected would be most helpful.

On the driver's side wheelwell is an electrical connection block with two terminals on it. I see one thing connected to one post of this but nothing connected to the other post.

electrical connection block on driver's fenderwell
Is there supposed to be something on the other terminal of this electrical connection block?

Just ahead of the rear firewall on the driver's side is a group of three wires that seem to be entirely missing any insulation on the wires.

bare wires near driver's side firewall

These wires on one end lead back to this connector on the other side of the firewall.

electrical connector on back of firewall (driver's side)

On the other end they go down under the back side of the intake and I am not able to see where they end up/

bare wires leading down behind back of intake manifold

Can anyone tell me where these wires go to down behind the back edge of the intake?

Finally there is a open vacuum connection on the top of the intake just ahead of where the big plenum from the mass air sensor to the intake connects.

open vacuum connection on top of intake

Where should the vacuum line on ths port lead to?

Thanks in advance for any help with these many questions from a novice owner.
--
Steve