E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Acceleration problems in my 95 300D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 e300d (1995), land cruiser prado fj120
Acceleration problems in my 95 300D

I have a 1995 w124 E300d with the om606 engine. Throught the past year the car has gone throught some massive damages including frame damage (all fixed up) and the transmission not shifting past second gear with a crack on it, I decided to get a pre owned transmission to just use the car for now but there is MASSIVE power loss in the car. I've just changed all the filter (fuel filter, pre filter, oil filter, transmission filter, power steering filter) along with the fluids as well as I removed the fuel tank and cleaned it up with the fuel screen which was full of crud, I've installed new fuel lines but after all this the car still has very poor acceleration, after bleeding the fuel out of the engine and it starting just fine there are still some minor bubbles I can see in the fuel lines apart of that the main problem since before is when I give light throttle it will barely or sometimes not even move the car till I press the throttle past a certain level. The acceleration feels smoother after the filter change but not increased it's still extremely delayed and slow especially when I switch the AC on the car will behave like it's like a turtle I cannot seem to find a remedy to this how much ever I try. Another thing i forgot to mention is I've checked all the vacuum lines and tightened the loose one so it's not really a vacuum problems on this car as well as when it shifts gear it flares up in revs and then changes all of these problems were present before the filter and clean up could anybody have a explanation for this?
Old 04-05-2019, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W124 forum...