E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

w124 powr top problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300 ce
w124 powr top problems

Long story short
I left the top down and it rained. the next morning( after i put the top up) I disconnected the battery and let the car sit a day. The following day i connected battery and put the top down to let everything dry out. after a few minutes I noticed smoke coming out of seat belt extenders. I disconnected the battery and removed the back seat .The seat belt extender motor melted and also damaged the power top module 30 pin connector.
I cut out the melted wires and the top still doesn't work. before the wire repair the top light was flashing and the rb headrests didn't work... after the repair the light is on solid when the levers on the windshield are pulled down ( like it should) and the rb headrests are now functioning properly.
thing to note
I put the top up manually and the rear latch is not locking the back of the window down...
I am confident the wires were repaired correctly
when i move the top switch it flashes
Is there a way to pull codes? I have read there is some homemade code reader
can someone tell me the process to resynch to top I know there are a ton of microswitches and if this needs to be re-homed That may be my problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You

Last edited by 2cool4skool; 08-19-2022 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-22-2022, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300 ce
Good Morning- Can Any one help with the above issue