E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

B18 Non V-tec swap into my 300E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 Mercedes 300E
B18 Non V-tec swap into my 300E

New here so sorry if my formatting and posts come out weird. I have a 1989 300E that has pretty mint interior, the motor has been hit or miss though. I was thinking about putting a Honda motor in it like a B series so I can throw some boost while being somewhat reliable, not looking to make a crazy amount of power. Maybe around 300whp but who knows, I would 100% need to redo the suspension and stiffen everything up. There's a company that makes engine and tranny mounts for rwd conversions, I'm almost positive I'd would have to remove just about everything in interior to expose the trans tunnel to get some good mounts set and chassis mounted shifter. I'm kind of new to cars but my family owns a shop and I work there doing brakes and mufflers, not very technical or experience requiring I know. But I want to learn and I've never seen someone do it in a Mercedes or B Series motor, my brothers done swaps with LS's and N54/55's in the past but wants me to do research and put together at least a rough parts list and cost list before he helps. I'll add some pictures later today of the interior/exterior, this probably isn't the best forum to do so because a lot of people would probably agree that I'm gonna be butchering a classic so sorry haha. Again sorry if my formatting is ****, I've never posted on here or any forums before.

I have more Info about the car like the motor/tranny, along with the potential new motor/trans. Previous owner meticulously maintained it so I have almost 15 years worth of service and maintenance records.

To end my long post I was looking for suggestions and opinions on doing so because I'm young and going to be paying for essentially everything. I have access to a 2 post lift, storage, and slightly cheaper parts because of their commercial accounts with parts stores. I also do have a decent amount of knowledge on doing swaps from watching them do them but I wanted to try and get as much as possible done on my own, with tips and suggestions of course but most of it by myself.

Thanks for the read, hope someone can drop their input.

Last edited by MathewOliveira; 12-26-2023 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to post before I was done typing, like I said new here.