E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Door/Ignition/Headlight Buzzer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 12:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
TBD
Door/Ignition/Headlight Buzzer

Hello Everyone,

I have another noob question? I had searched this topic but everything that comes up is to disable the buzzer, not fix it. My door buzzer doesn't come on when the ignition is switched on or the drivers door is open. It does come on when the rear hatch is open and the drivers door is open (even if the key is not in the car???).

My question is, I would like the door buzzer to function as it normally should. What is needed to diagnose and fix the buzzer back to factory specs? From what I have read, the control module is on the back of the instrument cluster and some people have pulled the prongs for (Door, headlight, seatbelt, etc.) so that the buzzer doesn't go off for these items anymore. Is it as simple as plugging these prongs back into the control module? I know that my buzzer still works becasue it goes off when the rear hatch is open with the drivers door.

I am going to be replacing the potentiometer and the instrument cluster fuse and bulbs this week, so if it is something I can tackle while the cluster is out I would like to do it then.

Thanks,
Ryan

95' E250D wagon - 5 speed