E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

KMAC Bushings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 08:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes 2019 AMG S63, 2015 E250 Bluetec. Previous: '18 E63S, '07 E63, '10 S550, '15 S550, '10 GL350
KMAC Bushings

In reply to ChrisDPham from the picture thread:

The bushings are good because they allow camber adjustment of the rear suspension, and therefore less wear on the tires.....

but.....I have been having problems with one of the bushings squeeking.
I actually replaced this bushing once because the original got bent (it was covered by warranty). The original bushing squeeked too. I think that the only solution is to remove, regrease, and reinstall the bushing, and get another wheel alignment. That is like another $200 CDN.
Its just the one bushing, the others have had no problems.

Ksing, if you are out there, let us know how your bushings have held up.
Im wondering if I should just go back to the factory bushings.
Does anyone who lowered car without the KMAC have problems with their tires getting eaten up?
Anyone else with this squeeking problem?
Old 11-25-2004, 09:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 VW Golf TDI
I love it, BUT it has been challenging

Hello Diesel,

My KMAC bushings seem to be OK so far, but I do worry about them. My camber is about 0.5 degrees more negative than when the bushings were first installed, but the car settled about 0.25 inches so the change in camber may have nothing to do with the bushings slipping.

The link below includes a discussion about all of my issues since I lowered my suspension. I love the look and feel of the car, but it has been a pain in the neck. I figure that some day I may raise the car a little or maybe reinstall the OEM springs with the smallest spring pads. The best solution may be to go with OEM springs, Bilstein HD shocks, big OEM swaybars, 1-bump spring pads, and all OEM sportline bushings.

Live and learn.

I may change it back someday, but as I said, I LOVE the look and feel of my car.

Discussion about my lowering experience