E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)
View Poll Results: Go all our or not?
YEs
28.57%
No
71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

****help with the project****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
****help with the project****

I'm at a stage that i want a really fully show car but don't know if i wanna go all out and do it.....

i'm also a a stage where i am saving up for a house and really think it's a waste to spend it on a car? right?

but then the joy of having something really nice is also great too...i love my w210 and will ever let go of it.......

but i'm also faced with should i go ahead and dump some more money into it and afterwards calling it quits or changing little things up for now and then retire the car?

give me some input my fellow w210ers

Last edited by alexbenz; 06-14-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 2009, W115 Pullman & EQC
Hard call

Alex,
We all go through this ....
and
This is a very hard call..
You only lives once... get the most fun u can. -but think ahead.

Small changes gives me just as big a buss as many bigger changes.
thats why i wote for "No"
Use some 4 on the car.. to do small changes.. and have fun with that.
Maybe find a way to finance the project by selling Quad BiXenons or something.
And Save up $ for that house..

Rgds kim
Old 06-14-2005, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
The answer is simple Alex, especially in your current situation (actually I am about to fall into a similar predicament) - first invest whatever funds you have in something that will generate (more) income, then you will enjoy the best of both worlds in the end....its just a matter of timing. Buy the house (or invest in a business, hint, hint ), keep your ride and wait till the money comes in for the toys - with a bit of luck, you'll end up with even better toys than what you could afford right now.....that's what I would do

Last edited by Whitey; 06-14-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
If you buy a house you will not have time left to do your project,there is always something to do around the house,and it never stops.I'm assuming youre buying a preowned house
Old 06-14-2005, 09:37 AM

2017 GLE350 4MATIC, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
I totally agree with Whitey....A house is not just a roof over your head, its an investment....You can always buy more toys later, especially the cost of owning a house have sky-rocket all over the country. Buy now and enjoy the appreciation that most houses are archieving now...Good Luck..
just my $.02.....cheers!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
If I'd invested the money in stocks or even another apartment instead of on my car (especially on wheels) just two years ago, I'd be sporting an SL55 or CLS55 right now :p

Having said that, all my mods (albeit, not drastic ones) and repairs/maintenance have been funded soley by dividends from stocks - all my savings are intact for more investments later, then more mods (or new car )....go figure Al

You only live once but you got a long life ahead of u to enjoy what u like....my $0.02....

Last edited by Whitey; 06-14-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
great answers so far guys..........yeah a house is a great investment........but with these prices in california and especialy up in my area there so expensive........

anyways here's a run down of the project.......a new kit possible, the auto couture fill kit..........body work would be cheap to free due to connections.....

wheels might become a sponsorship or i'd pay a little out of pocket...

these are the biggest 2 steps.......the other stuff is little but theres a lot of little things that add up though.......

what do you guys think of a amg kit on a non amg car? at the meet i saw a lot of w210e55's and i had people asking me if my car was a e55 and in that reguards i felt like i should change up the look......but i like how it goes well together right now.........

dave i'll hit you up tonight about that stuff..
Old 06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
I'm travelling and not sure if I have internet access where I'm going - kinda "third world"....but I'll try to check in.

Houses aint getting any cheaper dude, delaying without proper financial planning is just gonna make it even harder. Start with something less costly and let your money work for you...you'll get there eventually.

BTW, after all our photochops, over at Benzworld there's a white E with Carlsson front, lorinser sides and wait for it, ///AMG badging! All he needs are some Brabus wheels and he'll have the 4 main tuners on board, lol! Here's some pics if ever you're considering it again but my opinion doesnt change - see for yourself:

Old 06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Whitey
I'm travelling and not sure if I have internet access where I'm going - kinda "third world"....but I'll try to check in.

Houses aint getting any cheaper dude, delaying without proper financial planning is just gonna make it even harder. Start with something less costly and let your money work for you...you'll get there eventually.

BTW, after all our photochops, over at Benzworld there's a white E with Carlsson front, lorinser sides and wait for it, ///AMG badging! All he needs are some Brabus wheels and he'll have the 4 main tuners on board, lol! Here's some pics if ever you're considering it again but my opinion doesnt change - see for yourself:

lol, that car was up for sale before.......
Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes AMG
whitey knows! INVEST! then play later. make sacrifices know so you can play and have fun later.....
Old 06-16-2005, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by mysticblu999
whitey knows! INVEST! then play later. make sacrifices know so you can play and have fun later.....
yea thats very true.......i mean to others they love how the car looks now but of course i don't see it that way but if i go ahead with it i'm going to do it the right way......i'm already part of a cool car team so hopefully i can get some sponsors out there to invest in some of the project......
Old 06-16-2005, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
New Project!!!

.... sell me the body kit. :p
Old 06-16-2005, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Ben'z
New Project!!!

.... sell me the body kit. :p
lol, i will if i decide to change out the kit.........your on top of my list ben........how you doing?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:40 AM

2007 E550
put your money in a house!!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Yes, the CALIFORNIA real estate market is very expensive. However, it has produced consistent positive returns for people's money. In the long term, you'll be able to buy the toys later. As many people have done here, they generate equity...refinance....and then use some the equity to buy cars, home improvements, etc. Others sell one house and reinvesting it into another one. I have been in the investment industry (stocks) for years and have owned 2 homes. The real estate market has been without a doubt the best investment personally and for many others. 2 1/2 years ago, the smallest single family home in my area cost 500-600K....now they're worth almost 900K. The longer you wait in getting your feet wet in the real estate market, the harder it will be to get in. Nice cars are short term satisfaction. Just my IMO.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:39 PM

Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by alexbenz
yea thats very true.......i mean to others they love how the car looks now but of course i don't see it that way but if i go ahead with it i'm going to do it the right way......i'm already part of a cool car team so hopefully i can get some sponsors out there to invest in some of the project......
sponsers would be great! i would love to have them. but i have paid in full for everything on my car.. sniffles.... well if you got all that help then go for it i guess... but i think you would be happier in the long run if you made your money work for you...

allthough i will never get rid of my w210 thats what would make me sad.. iv'e ordered lots of things for it to day so my car is getting a make over for the summer...
Old 06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thanks guys for the advice......i know what i'm going to do........if i do anything it will be in minor things here and there.....we'll see where things go.....

thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
lol, i will if i decide to change out the kit.........your on top of my list ben........how you doing?
Alex, thanks!
I am doing fine here, regret that I didn't join the meeting last Sat.

Wish you best!
Ben
Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 PM

Mercedes AMG
thanks guys for the advice......i know what i'm going to do........if i do anything it will be in minor things here and there.....we'll see where things go.....

thanks
good thinkin alex! unless the sponsers can get you some things.... hmmm