E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

City Lights HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb City Lights HELP

Hi, I've read the archieves about white bulbs for the city or parking lights for the W210. However I'm looking to go old school and put in yellow lights (not the off-white I have but actual yellow). The only bulbs I find are the white bulbs. I've found nice yellow bulbs from PIAA, but they're WEDGE Bulbs. What are my options? Can I change the harness to Wedge? Does anyone sell the twist bulb in yellow? I've done exhausting research online and on this site with no luck . Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
This is what I've done. I have also wanted to keep it old school, to the diesel MB roots of the 300D's etc... and wanted a yellow middle light, or city light.

Haven't been able to find anything in yellow, but then amber came to mind as I love it on the CTS's where they have their foglamps.

So I went to www.SuperBrightLEDs.com and purchased a pair of BA9s-A Amber LED bulb - Amber LED BA9s bayonet base bulb - Available for 6, 12 or 28 Volt AC/DC operation. They now have something nicer, BA9s-A4 Amber LED bulb BA9s Bayonet base bulb with 4 Super Amber 3mm LEDs 12 Volt AC or DC operation. They didn't have this when I bought mine a year ago.

I think it looks pretty pimp, especially with just the parking lights on. The only downside is that they are not that strong, at least the ones I have, so they give off a light amber hue whihc it visible head on very nicely but a lot less from a side angle. Also that bulb is the closest base I have found to work with the H6W base. I grinded off one of the tabs on the side of the BA9s base and it fts perfectly into the H6W base. The check lights message also comes up when you engage the parking lights as the resistance of these bulbs is far less from the H6W bulbs I replaced. I've gotten used to pressing the (R) button on the cluster to clear that message....

Here is the addy to where you can find these Hot Like Fire bulbs.. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=755
Old 06-27-2005, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks alot for your reply. Whats funny is that it's the old MB diesel with the yellow fog light just inside the headlights that I remember as a kid. We seem to be on the same page. I'd love to see a picture of you Benz with the amber lights .
Thanks again
Woody
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
I'll try to take some tonight...