E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Weird noise from passanger side??????help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2005 | 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Weird noise from passanger side??????help

re-cap a while ago i hit a huge pothole and bent a little portion of the inside of the wheel and a chunk of the tire came off........anyways i don't drive the car that much, so i'm going to get a new set of wheels/tires anyways....

anyways as i roll from stop to about 30mph i can hear a tick tick or click click noise from the right side passanger........at first i thought it was the wheel but i had the car on a lift this morning and didn't see anything......i didn;t have time to stick around or anything but what do you guys think it can be?
Old 09-18-2005 | 02:02 AM

W212 2009, W115 Pullman & EQC
I had noice from the passenger side also..
It was worst over 100mph
I replaced the GF.. noice all gone now..

/kim
Old 09-18-2005 | 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by why_not
I had noice from the passenger side also..
It was worst over 100mph
I replaced the GF.. noice all gone now..

/kim
haaha, the gf.........

mine only get to see the backseat......
Old 09-18-2005 | 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Alex

Check the bearing

Originally Posted by alexbenz
re-cap a while ago i hit a huge pothole and bent a little portion of the inside of the wheel and a chunk of the tire came off........anyways i don't drive the car that much, so i'm going to get a new set of wheels/tires anyways....

anyways as i roll from stop to about 30mph i can hear a tick tick or click click noise from the right side passanger........at first i thought it was the wheel but i had the car on a lift this morning and didn't see anything......i didn;t have time to stick around or anything but what do you guys think it can be?
Old 09-18-2005 | 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by zam2000
Alex

Check the bearing
zam i though first it could be the backing plate on the brakes but it seemed ok......would you think the bearing is lose?
Old 09-18-2005 | 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alex, if you lift your car and rotate the wheel fast, eventually you'll see/hear it. I'll try to look for diagnostic table tomorrow (software is installed on machine at work), and if found, will post or email you.

zam i though first it could be the backing plate on the brakes but it seemed ok......would you think the bearing is lose?
Old 09-18-2005 | 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i jacked up the right side and tried to spin the wheel but it was hard to spin it, i think my rotors might be a little wraped......

any help would be great.........thanks man
Old 09-19-2005 | 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Alex, there you got it. Even if the rotors are wraped, you should be able to spin the wheels (and rear if you have gear in N), since the caliber are design not to hold onto the disc.

For the front wheels, the only case you can't really spin the wheels freely is if you brake caliber stuck. Try to lift the car and modulate the brake a bit (with the engine off), if you can't still spin the wheel, then it's definitely the caliber

For the rear: either the caliber, or more often: parking brake stuck.

i jacked up the right side and tried to spin the wheel but it was hard to spin it, i think my rotors might be a little wraped......

any help would be great.........thanks man
Old 09-19-2005 | 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by zam2000
Alex, there you got it. Even if the rotors are wraped, you should be able to spin the wheels (and rear if you have gear in N), since the caliber are design not to hold onto the disc.

For the front wheels, the only case you can't really spin the wheels freely is if you brake caliber stuck. Try to lift the car and modulate the brake a bit (with the engine off), if you can't still spin the wheel, then it's definitely the caliber

For the rear: either the caliber, or more often: parking brake stuck.
i have the c32 brakes......with less then 3-4 k of driving.....i can't really determine where the npise is coming from but it's the front right side.......
just hear a ticking noise and it becomes faster as i go faster but at higher speeds i don't really hear it but only when i reduce my speed down to 20mph down to a roll........