E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Dealer Recommendation in the San Fernando Valley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CL55
Question Dealer Recommendation in the San Fernando Valley

Hello All,

I need a recommendation for a dealer or an independent mechanic in the San Fernando Valley for routine maintenance and service.

The closest dealers to me are Auto Stiegler, Keys European and Calstar Motors.

Anyone you would recommend or recommend to avoid?

Your help is appreciated.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E 320
I've tried Steigler and it wasnt bad, but I've heard they arent very good for major work. My neighbor's son threw a rock and made a small chip on my car. I got it painted by an independent shop. This guy is the one I only take for paint jobs. Let me know if you want his number.

Last edited by MBDriver; 07-20-2002 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2002, 11:57 AM

Hi,

I've had my car since the middle of May and have taken it to Auto Stiegler on four occasions for service. Three were for the installation of accessories, and the fourth for a wheel alignment. Although I haven't had any major service performed, for these minor issues they've been handled well. I don't know if this is standard with all dealerships, but each time they've provided me with a current model year E Class loan vehicle. I purchased the car there but I think that's part of their routine level of service.

P.S., I've had one of the cars twice, and the first time it only had like 200 miles on it, and now a couple of weeks later it has 9,600 (scary)!!
Old 07-20-2002, 06:57 PM

2000 E-class
Go to Auto Stiegler, I ordered my 2003 E-class with them. Keyes Van nuys is bad @ss. I came and talk to them about the new E class. they said ,we(keyes) cannot take order now ,and they always force me to by the current E-model. In other dealer ,we can take order for the new E, even we can choose the color and option. Go to Stiegler, you won't regret. Although they look like smaller dealer than keyes ,but they re the best.

That's my opinion, other people could have diff opinion.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E 320
Just on the side, Steigler advertises on the Persian tv channel at night. They have an old benz with rose pedals and say some stuff that i cant understand (parents speak it). The funny part is that in the end a guy in a Persian accent says "Auto Steigler, like no other dealer".
Old 07-21-2002, 11:39 PM

03 CL55
Thank you all. This is very helpful. I did not buy my car from Auto Stiegler so I wonder if they will honor the loaner car for me.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:00 AM

I think they might... I believe they provided someone with a Ford Taurus, but when you make the appointment for service I'd just "confirm" they'll provide you with a MB loaner. For my most recent service they advised me they wouldn't have a loaner until a specific day (a day later than I wanted to make the appointment), and that they were also running a little behind. I've had the loaner since Thursday with a return date of Monday when my car will be done. You do the normal walk around to check for dings etc. before you take it out, but there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on mileage. Best of luck on your service!!