E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Body Shop Ruined My Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
Body Shop Ruined My Car

I dont smoke but I just smoked about 8 cigs in the last 2 hours....I took my car to a body shop that supposedly does show car work. What was to be done: My install of Brabus Lip Kit, paint and match, also to paint all the chrome out on the car. Dropped it off on Sunday, he told me come back thrusday. Anyways, i called him up on thursday, NO ANSWER, leave message. NEVER called me back. Friday, i call him about 30 times, he finally answers, ohh, i forgot to call you back, "having problems matching the color, no worries, be done tomorrow." Sat....i show up at his shop at 4pm, car has nothing done to it except 3 inches of dust and dirty floor mats. The brabus kit has primer on it also as it lays on the ground next to it.......Of course he aint at his shop when i show up and all of his co-workers have NO IDEA where he is at........I blow him up until he answers, he promises me Sunday, (i laugh) I dont even bother calling on sunday and he never calls me back. Monday (today) I call him from work and he doesnt answer, big supprise, i leave a message and he calls me back an hour later saying the car is done. OMFG!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! I'm at work so i send a friend to pick it up, he picks it up drives about 1/2 a mile down the road and the front lip falls off!!! Not only that but no chrome is painted, the rear doenst line up right, and the paint looks like it was spray painted on!!!!!

So......when i hear this i go crazy and people are looking at me like i'm a phsyco..... i'm finally somewhat calm and just need to hear what you guys think... #1 I am going to him tomorrow morning and saying, #1 You owe me a new front lip, need to match the paint again, align it up right this time (how hard is it when it has brackets on it already) and paint my chrome ****** ******. i really wanted to get him audited also. ohh and hear is what also h adds fuel to my fire, when i saw it on sat i noticed how dirty the floor mats were from those idiots so i got it back today with the paper on the mats like they didnt get their feet on it.....so i take it off and i see ugly dirty foot prints on my mats. This shop will burn in hell if i dont get what i want, i will make it my mission to make sure they file ch. 11 and the owner loses everyting including his house forcing him on the streets where he dies of the bird flu. (yes i'm extremely mad)
Old 11-22-2005, 02:11 AM

Alrighty, I just got back from the GYM to go blow some steam and felt a lot better. Ahhhh....Well made some calls to friends working on their Juris Doctor and they made me feel better. Told me to file Small Claims on him and a lean on his business. They said i most likely win because he didnt not perform up to par and what he promised. But when i got home from the gym I also noticed a nice curb mark on one of my wheels with a peice of tire missing!!!! So I saw that and snapped again and ended up punching the wall in my garge causing significant damage to the wall and my fist....... Lesson Learned Pay the extra money and get it done right & a well known shop. And use a Credit Card! If any of you live in So Cal, never go to Auto Evolution or Revolution cant remeber that name exactly.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
i'd try to resolve the issue with him first and if it doesn't work then file with the beaurea of automotive repair and then file with small claims
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I am sorry for what happened to you.
Where is this shop?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:16 PM

2001 E320 Sport
Sorry to hear about that. I would be angry too about this. Sounds like they are a bunch of lazy incompetent morons. I agree with Alex, file a complaint against him if he doesn't make things right and take him to court. Hope things work out and keep us posted.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
I had to smile about damaging the wall with your fist.
Not too long ago, I got really mad about something and did the same thing. Except my hand went through the wall and through the drywall on the other side. What a pain in the butt to patch all that, sand it down, repaint in two different colors, etc etc.
Next time I'll punch the floor instead.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:33 PM

pix??
Old 11-28-2005, 09:11 PM

soon, car is still incomplete with horrible paint job and no front lip.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
Burn their shop down

It needs to be done before more cars get ruined.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:39 AM
Almost a Member!

dude, you know whats the name??

this info can be useful for other ppl
Old 11-29-2005, 12:49 PM

need to see pix of car in its 'ruined' state so we can evaluate the shop's shoddy work.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:48 PM

okay, @ work right now and I dont have the pics on this computer. Soon as i get home tonight i'll post them
Old 11-29-2005, 02:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your in California right...

There is the CALIFORNIA AUTOMOTIVE BETTER BUSINESS BUERO... (sp)

CALL THEM IMMEDIATLY, they can get a claim started within an hour or two. They will inspect your car then inspect the shop, then pretty much will inspect the work till the end... at no cost to you.

I had to call them once, when getting an engine replaced... guy screwed up, wanted to charge me additional then the quote, and i couldn't take the car because it wasn't running yet. Not only did the shop have to re-do the work they did, but also had to eat the cost of the new radiator and hoses they replaced unneccissarily.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Justinius7
Your in California right...

There is the CALIFORNIA AUTOMOTIVE BETTER BUSINESS BUERO... (sp)

CALL THEM IMMEDIATLY, they can get a claim started within an hour or two. They will inspect your car then inspect the shop, then pretty much will inspect the work till the end... at no cost to you.

I had to call them once, when getting an engine replaced... guy screwed up, wanted to charge me additional then the quote, and i couldn't take the car because it wasn't running yet. Not only did the shop have to re-do the work they did, but also had to eat the cost of the new radiator and hoses they replaced unneccissarily.
i went through the BBB before i did my claim with bureauof automotive repair. really both are quite usless.....all they can do is be the middle man and file a report, once you go to small cliams the judge can throw out that report if he wants to. But do it anyways, it doesn't hurt
Old 11-29-2005, 08:38 PM

96' E320
Id be very interested to know where in southern california this shop is located. I too have been burnt once or twice, so now in my quest for a decent shop, id like to know which ones to stay away from?

Sucks when a total scam shop gets ahold of your car, i know...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91' 300e // 99 300e TD // 00' ML55 AMG
www.prepaidlegal.com/go/ryannoppers this is what u need... its huge in cali... i never get ****ed with anywhere anymore... if they do i pick up the nearest phone and get my lawyer on the line and its done... sry to hear tho homie !
Old 02-25-2006, 08:35 PM

2000 E-Class-Gone (Mine), 2005 BMW E60 (Wife's)
I feel your pain...

FYI...if the total damages exceed $7,500, it would be necessary to go through an attorney and file a traditional lawsuit against the offenders.