E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

2000 Kleemann E32K for sale..................I wonder why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
I was also at the Irvine spectrum and saw that race. What I noticed was that the tires on that CLK43 K were pretty much BALD. I imagine just flooring a CLK43 K would break the tires VERY eaisily so there goes the launch because he didn't have any grip. 2nd thing I noticed was that the guy had been doing doughnuts and brake stands for more than 30 min. so i'm sure the engine was not at it's normal temp.
My friend, you don't know much about BALD tires. The balder the tire, the more traction you will get on "dry surfaces" . That's why most autocross have their tires shaves for more traction because of more rubber contact to road surface and by doing doughnuts, actually help too because it heat-up the tire and therefore softer rubber. And doing the doughnut does not put that much stress on the motor like when you are dyno your car because you are not reving the engine to redline. BTW, the other two car also didn't break the tires loose, so what's your point? Have you ever watch drag racing? Watch it sometime and you will find out what happen to driver that break their tires loose at the 60 ft. mark.

Last edited by linh; 07-29-2002 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:12 PM

Kleemann, Ben and Sleestack

Here is it guys, need i say more...........straight from the owner....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12980
Old 07-29-2002, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by linh
Kleemann, Ben and Sleestack

Here is it guys, need i say more...........straight from the owner....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12980
Ahh, you do need to say more because I'm not even sure what you are trying to say. All I gathered from the post was that Ted ended up with a SCed CLK that is slower than a stock E55 because it has less hp and torque. I don't think that discredits Kleeman's claim that he can beat an E55 with his E32K ... anyway, this thread is getting to be pointless. I'm sure you do some good work there in your garage, however, until you actually have a chance to drive a Kleemann Mercedes you are speaking from the perspective of someone with only half the picture.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Sleestack

I'm sure you do some good work there in your garage, however, until you actually have a chance to drive a Kleemann Mercedes you are speaking from the perspective of someone with only half the picture.
Ouch!!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by JamE55

Ouch!!
It's nothing personal... but, I get the feeling that Linh doesn't like the Kleemann product. I also understand that he is trying to give his objective observations, however, I feel that he would could be a little more objective if he at least had a hands on experience with the product. As for me, sure I'm a little biased because I have their shocks and SC, but, I would also be the first to speak up if I thought their product delivered anything less than Kleemann and Evosport promised.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:25 PM

I think spending some time with a Kleemann car would quickly cure your skeptcism.
I don't need to drive Kleemann car anymore after i read the post from this two Kleeman car owner. They both agreed with what i've been try to tell you guys. I can understand why you standing up for Kleemann. Hey, any kiss *** would benefit greatly...:>)). I linked the post because it was a fact. Btw, you may have beaten many cars that make Kleemann look good but the true is that you did alot $$$$ mods before installed Kleemann S/C. I would really like to see if Ben car can out performance the Z06., Z8.... etc.

As for working in my garage, there's are people that know about car and can do the work for them self and there are other just know about car..............
Old 07-29-2002, 10:32 PM

I have nothing against Kleemann, i just don't think what he's saying is totally true. You see me commenting about Renntech ECU and Pulley ugrade. I'll drop this to show you that i have nothing against Kleemann.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by linh

I don't need to drive Kleemann car anymore after i read the post from this two Kleeman car owner. They both agreed with what i've been try to tell you guys. I can understand why you standing up for Kleemann. Hey, any kiss *** would benefit greatly...:>)). I linked the post because it was a fact. Btw, you may have beaten many cars that make Kleemann look good but the true is that you did alot $$$$ mods before installed Kleemann S/C. I would really like to see if Ben car can out performance the Z06., Z8.... etc.

As for working in my garage, there's are people that know about car and can do the work for them self and there are other just know about car..............
Both those guys have V6's... and yeah, they didn't end up with cars that beat a 55... if that is how you came to the conclusion that you don't need to get a Kleemann, I think it is pretty clear you were just looking for someone to tell you that you shouldn't feel bad about not being able to get a Kleemann. You might think I'm kissing Kleemann's and Evosport's *** but that's only because they have delivered on every promise they have made to me.... I'm certainly not looking for any discounts and my relationship with them is based on mutually agreeable personalities, not kissing ***. Furthermore, why shouldn't I try to help other Mercedes owners maximize the potential of their Mercedes by offering my opinions based on expereience. I might not work on my car to the extent you do, however, I don't exactly see you creating anything impressive in that garage... personally, I'd rather spend that time working, making money and paying someone else to do the work the right way.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:31 PM

Both those guys have V6's... and yeah, they didn't end up with cars that beat a 55...
Exactly, but Kleemann claimed the he can run around the E55 with his Clk32K all day !! Now that's a false claimed !!! I have no problem when they comparing the Clk43k to a 55.

I don't exactly see you creating anything impressive in that garage... personally,
Ah, but i save myself $$$ and plus helping other save $$$ too for the installation.

I'd rather spend that time working, making money and paying someone else to do the work the right way.
I'm sorry that you have to work Saturday and Sunday to make money. I don't have alot money like you but i think i have just enough to be happy so I prefer using that two days and do the things that i enjoy doing the most.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

This thread has gotten way out of hand and is past the point now.

I HAVE beaten E55's on the street and track- bad drivers? Probably- The point of this? Is WAY more than a little improvement over stock.

False claim?- no. If you put a chimp in a Crovette do you think it would still pull of mid 12's at the strip? I didnt say it would grow hair on your head- now thats a false claim.

Straight line performance is not even half the picture- stopping a turning are the rest. The E32K does both better than a stock E55- PERIOD.

Last year at Willow Springs a driver in our E32K FILLED (as in four adults in the car at once) around the track- they dogged and finally passed a 996 turbo. No no one would believe that an E32K has better performance than a 996TT- it doesnt. The look on that 996 owners face must have been priceless- what do you think he thought of the performance of the E32K?
Old 07-30-2002, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
....................I see I have been dragged into this thread. The thread is fun, but a bit more spirited than perharps is neccessary. In either case, I will add my two cents. I think that the very discussion as to whether or not a CLK32K can or cannot beat a stock CLK 55 already speaks to to the impressive performance of the car regardless of what side of the issue you are on. I have not made any other performance modifications to my car other than the supercharger except for cross drilled rotors and Lorinser exaust which I already had before the supercharger. So I am quite suprised an impressed by the cars perforfance. I think that depending on the whether conditions and who is driving which car a CLK32K can outperform a stock CLK 55. However, that is not really my point. My point is that a CLk32k is really a great car. And to me it makes the most sense to supercharge a CLK 320 than a 430 or 55 because wiith the other two you get so much HP that you cannot use. The HP is so high that your tires simply spin and cannot grip the ground. A V6 Kleeman supercharger with the appropriate pulley upgrade set at .6 bar is under $11,000 installed and you get a great performance similar to stock CLk 55 at a bargain price. The car may never beat a CLk 55 or it may. To me both cars are not that much different. They are both true hot rods with usable HP, nothing wasted on tire spin etc and they have similar performance.

Ted
Old 07-30-2002, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

O.K., are you all getting soft on me here? Just a lively debate with hints of personal jabbing going both ways. Not a big deal. I think Linh can handle himself just fine.

Ted, while the SC'ed 430's and 55's definitely have traction problems if you punch it off the line, I can assure you that all the extra hp and torque is nothing but useable once you get rolling.... I have a feeling that once you get used to your new found hp and torque, you'll have a craving for some more... I definitely got the bug.

Kleemann.... can you figure out a way to bolt a Kleemann SC my Audi A6 4.2?

Last edited by Sleestack; 07-30-2002 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:19 PM

Just a lively debate with hints of personal jabbing going both ways. Not a big deal. I think Linh can handle himself just fine.
I agreed, but you started to "jabbed" me, so i have to jabbed back...lol....lol.

Ted, while the SC'ed 430's and 55's definitely have traction problems if you punch it off the line
Ted, any car would have traction if you don't know how to drive it.

Last year at Willow Springs a driver in our E32K FILLED (as in four adults in the car at once) around the track- they dogged and finally passed a 996 turbo. No no one would believe that an E32K has better performance than a 996TT- it doesnt. The look on that 996 owners face must have been priceless- what do you think he thought of the performance of the E32K?
Who was driving the 911 TT? a 60 yrs. old woman? lol....lol....lol.....lo.

Last edited by linh; 07-30-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Al this talk of what beating what reminds me a bit about what happened last night.
I was stopped at a light in the 1st position. There was a mullet man in a large pickup truck next to me in the right lane. When the light turned green, he gunned it and sped off. I wasn't the least bit interested in a race, so I sped up at my normal casual pace, not pokey, but also not pedal to the metal.
He pulled several car lengths ahead rather quickly, and that was that.
Now, I can imagine somewhere on a Chevy forum there might be a boast by this guy "blowing the doors off some punk E430!!".

Unlikely, but who's to say otherwise.

I'm in no way implying that posters here are guilty of that. I was just reminded of the possibility.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Ted, while the SC'ed 430's and 55's definitely have traction problems if you punch it off the line, I can assure you that all the extra hp and torque is nothing but useable once you get rolling.... I have a feeling that once you get used to your new found hp and torque, you'll have a craving for some more... I definitely got the bug.

.............I agree. I think what I have been mostly trying to say is that supercharging a CLK 320 is a great bargain. many people wonder why supercharge a CLK 320? why not just buy a CLK 55. Or better still buy a CLK 430 and supercharge it. I think that although a supercharged CLK 430 or supercharged 55 are definitely much much more powerful than a CLK32K, the excess power in these other cars may not be useful for most drivers. The CLK32K will outperform perharps all the cars you are likely to encounter on your routine daily driving. If you thought a stock CLK 55 is a great performer, then that is about what you'll get in a CLK32K. And no, lets not get into that "otperform or not out perform" again.

Ted