Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Dyno of Kleemann supercharged CLK320

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-25-2002, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Dyno of Kleemann supercharged CLK320

............Ben and others in the forum wanted to see dyno results of my car with the different crank pulley other than the pulley that comes with the Kleeman supercharger. The gain is an added 15-30 HP depending temperature and other conditions.

http://www.mbautowerks.com/performance/00002/00002.html

ted
Old 07-25-2002, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Wow! Very nice!
Old 07-25-2002, 06:42 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Kompressor
Thumbs up

Impressive! Very nice car (even before Kleemann kompressor). With the added Kleemann kompressor the engine compartment looks awesome.

Have you tried it on the strip yet? 0-60? 1/4-mile?

Old 07-26-2002, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...............I am not a race car driver and probably would not get the best results out of the car, so I a friend took it to the track and claims he got 0-60 in 5.6 secs and just under 14 in the quater mile. At first I thought he was trying to make me feel good.......but if you remember that the stock differential in a CLK 320 is 3.07 and that of a stock CLK 430 is 2.87 and the 430 has 275 HP and has a 0-60 time of 6.1 secs. With the different pulley and the supercharger, my car has 344HP at the crank plus thestock 3.07 differential. The down side to this argument is that Kleemann claims a 0-60 tme for its V6 engine cars of 6.0 secs............so will thechange in pulley result in shedding of .4 secs? In any case, I love the car. I really recommend that anyone that is thinking about a Kleeman supercharger on their CLK 320 should go ahead. The car will way way outperform a CLK 430 because it will have 55-85 more HP than a 430n and with the v3.07 differential as opposed to the 430's 2.87, your car will approach stoock clk 55 performance, but that is just my opoinion. anyway, I am thinking about chipping the car. My question is.....will I gain anything by chipping it? I know that ECU chip in a normally aspirated engine does not net much despite the claims, but has anyone chipped a supercharged CLK and if so, did you gain anything?

Ted
Old 07-29-2002, 02:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99' SLK 230 & 01' CLK 430
Can your car now out performance the 55? Well, you got the time slip for your car and here's factory spec. for 55, 0-60 5.3s and 1/4 13.5s. You tell me?

As for chipping your car, go back and look at the dyno result for A/F ratio. If you engine is running real lean then the answer is "yes". You will benefit from it.

Ted, why don't you post the A/F ratio result chart from your dyno? This is more importance then anything else. But base on what i know about Kleemann S/C kit and that they included the "risen rate fuel pressure regulator" so i think you are OK.

Last edited by linh; 07-29-2002 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:44 AM

Wink S/C a 3.2V6 just matches a 5.0V8

AMG 55 is still significant faster than 3.2 supercharged.
Kleemann stock 0.5 bar setting makes it close to
the heavier V8, my friend swap a smaller pulley & get 0.7 bar
Then we're matched under this setup.(60 -> 160 mph)

I'm not sure why the claimed 330 hp performs "close to"
the stock V8 306 hp ? where're the horses ? V8 has more torque ?
I'd also like to suggest ECU refine by Kleemann for
(1) Great power , e-limit should be removed and save our money
to find the 2nd source.
(2) Better fuel feeding rather than run the engine
under "upper" tolerance if ECU could be refined.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...............Actually my car is set at .6 bar not the stock .5 bar that comes with the stock supercharger set up. Besides I never said my car will outperform a cLK 55. This is what I said:

your car will approach stoock clk 55 performance, but that is just my opoinion.

Thank you for your suggestions. My point was that the supercharger and the new pulley and the .6 bar makes a V6 CLK 320 perform with very impressive numbers. The reference to CLK 55 to give a frame of reference, because the 55 is the standard by which other cars in this performance range are judged.

see this link

Ted
Old 07-29-2002, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
I'm not sure why the claimed 330 hp performs "close to"

..........The CLK 55 has 345 HP not 308 and it has a torque advantage but a rear differential disadvantage. The rear differential is 2.86 and that of a CLK 320 is 3.07.

............I will check my A/F ratio.

Ted
Old 07-29-2002, 03:56 PM

Ted,

I wasn't really referred to you but.............Kleemann !!!https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=13090
Old 07-30-2002, 03:58 AM

Smile

Ted, my friend tuned his C32K by 0.7 bar
66 mm diameter of pulley, he's going back to 70 mm after
"check engine" light-on. (stock 0.5 bar by 76 mm)
Why not just go back to 76 ?
I know once took it, like drug......

I probate this issue for any "aggressive mods" than stock. , I live in tropic area, it nerves me.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
................I just drove my car round trip 4000 miles from Atlanta to Tucson in the hot desert southwest heat at speeds over 100mph stopping to rest etc. Round trip took 6 days. Only problem I had was the left rear Toyo Proxes T1-S needed to be replaced because tire got deflated due to a nail puncture and with 18 inch rims, the tire was destroyed beyond repair. Luckily, I found out the problem before any mishap. But Kleemann Supercharger set at .6 bar performed beautifully with absolutely no problems. Even at 100mph, once you punch the accelerator, the car responds amazingly and you leave everyone behind. There is more to a hot rod than just 0-60 and quater mile. Back home now, and the car is still cruising like a quiet giant.

Ted
Old 07-30-2002, 07:19 PM

Hey, Ted : That makes me a little confident.
Do you keep the 1 step colder plug as Kleemann setting ?
Old 07-30-2002, 10:52 PM

Post What Kleemann said themselves....

Originally posted by Ted Baldwin
...............your car will approach stoock clk 55 performance, but that is just my opoinion. anyway, I am thinking about chipping the car. My question is.....will I gain anything by chipping it
Ted
A kompressor system forces more air and fuel into a cylinder than it could take in under atmospheric conditions. The more fuel and air in a cylinder, when ignited, the more powerful the resulting explosion. If you force 50% more air into a 3.2 liter engine it performs like a "4.8 liter" engine
BTW, a 3rd party chips tuner wouldn't do the job better than Kleemann if they join play,........IMO
Also my friend did it, can't tell the difference
he consulted the "Superchips" company/England.

p.s I was told a "Tech notice" inside Kleemann, they're preparing
ECU refine for 5.0/5.5 V8 models rather than S/C install as before.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:18 PM

................I just drove my car round trip 4000 miles from Atlanta to Tucson in the hot desert southwest heat at speeds over 100mph stopping to rest etc. Round trip took 6 days. Only problem I had was the left rear Toyo Proxes T1-S needed to be replaced because tire got deflated due to a nail puncture and with 18 inch rims, the tire was destroyed beyond repair. Luckily, I found out the problem before any mishap. But Kleemann Supercharger set at .6 bar performed beautifully with absolutely no problems. Even at 100mph, once you punch the accelerator, the car responds amazingly and you leave everyone behind. There is more to a hot rod than just 0-60 and quater mile. Back home now, and the car is still cruising like a quiet giant.
That's how my car felt but i did the dyno test just to see how much hp/tq i gained from the pulley and i find out alot more then i want to know. Thanks god that i found it out early and not wait until my engine blow-up to know what the problem was. $75 dyno is a well worth of money spend to understand how your engine is performances.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

linh-

You continue to post reactive replies to threads-

You bought 1/2 the kit at less than half price. You didnt "like" the recommended plugs, you didnt get the install done at a KLEEMANN dealer. Your car would have been returned to you perfectly tuned- but I digress.

Ted went to an authorized dealer- they tested the car before and after, verified A/F ratios and on and on. MB Autowerks even set his car up with a boost enhancement. Donnie (Principal of MB Autowerks) is a very thorough professional- the A/F ratios are spot on at 12.5:1.

Why not ask Vadim, Ben, Donnie or any of our other dealers what the A/F's are on our V6 and V8 kompressors? Perhaps this will shut down your constant droning of "dont trust the mfg- check your dynos".

You will be glad to know that due to the experiences with you KLEEMANN no longer sells the early M111 boost system to DIY owners.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:34 PM

Kleemann,

I will not argue with you on the Kleemann S/C for the 320 and 430 whether on not it has a A/F ratio 12.5:1 because i don't know any body dyno their car yet after installation and i know that your S/C kit do come with "risen rate fuel pressure regulator". So i'll take your words for it. I was ONLY try to tell him that, that is how i felt about my pulley after the installation. Remember the post "WOW...WOW...WOW"?

You bought 1/2 the kit at less than half price. You didnt "like" the recommended plugs, you didnt get the install done at a KLEEMANN dealer. Your car would have been returned to you perfectly tuned- but I digress.
kleemann, do you want me to post your personal e-mail to me that you said the other half would not have anyhting to do with the lean problem i'm having. Which is true because it only cure the "black hole" at around 3000 rpm and i didn't need it because i did the relocation of the MAS myself. As for the colder plug, i did dyno with it at Vadim shop and it didn't do a things to cure the lean problem.

Your car would have been returned to you perfectly tuned
If you guys was able to tune my car to fix the lean problem, Vadim would have do that for me already when i was there for two dyno session. Don't think by attaching the perfect factory A/F ratio to the new dyno chart and call that "tuning" and tell the customer that their A/F ratio is perfect !!! Hey, it very easy to do. Btw, my lean problem is now fit and i was that "tuner". The only person that i wanted to thanks is VADIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Thanks, you're an awesome person.

You will be glad to know that due to the experiences with you KLEEMANN no longer sells the early M111 boost system to DIY owners.
Well, I didn't have any problem with the installation. So what's your point? Oh... are you saying it was my installation that created the "lean problem"? Lol..lol.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't forget Linh, it was an authorized Kleemann dealer that sold you the wrong pulley in the first place. Did you ship your factory pulley to Lee yet?
Old 08-01-2002, 12:46 AM

I did called Lee from ASP about two weeks ago and talk about the plan. He was very happy that i'm willing to help him. But i also told him about the "lean problem" that i'm having with Kleemann pulley. I told him that i'll send in my factory pulley after i find the fix for the "lean problem". But lately i'm too busy trying to look for a bigger house and a good location for my wife business, so i'll call him this week.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:52 AM

2001 E430 "Kleemannized"
I recently had the full Kleemann treatment at MB Autowerks and can say that I am very pleased with the Kleemann Kompressor and Sport Suspension . The real beauty of this setup is that unless you intend on driving aggressively you wouldn't even know that modifications were done. When you do push it, it transforms into one of the most potent cars I have ever been in.

By the way a dyno of before and after are here .
Old 08-01-2002, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very impressive. Why is the lettering on your pink springs upside down, did they install it wrong?
Old 08-01-2002, 10:27 AM

2001 E430 "Kleemannized"
Buellwinkle,

The spring constant is the same either way. By the way the full blown Kleemann Speed Sensitive suspension if really unbelievable.

Richard
Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM

91 500 sl
91 500sl

how much fuel pressure should i have koeo i have 95 psi key off 50 psi
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks