E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
............I sent replies to the few forum members who have sent me pm"s about it. The W203 pic is that of westmeister (spelling?) "quad" exhaust. As you can see it is not really a quad exhaust. It is relatively inexpensive and available at Bekkers.com LINK

...........Unfortunately for the W210, no such product exists and as others have stated, it needs to be custom made which makes it a bit more expensive. For me the major cost was in modifying the bumber to look factory made and modifying the trunk to delete the spare tire well.

Ted
Old 03-25-2006, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 E420 90 300E
I think that konig made a dual look for the w210. http://www.koenig-specials.com/
Old 03-25-2006, 06:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by cragigotgame
I think that konig made a dual look for the w210. http://www.koenig-specials.com/
............thanks for the info. I was not aware this. I was aware that one can use the one for the W203 and adapt it to work in the w210. I chose not to do this because I wanted the true quad exhaust.

Ted
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM

2001 E320
Originally Posted by mike430sport
this guy has done it, Topdeez. He is on this forum. He has the quad exhaust. All we need is for him to take pics from underneath to show the pipes. Here is the link to him https://mbworld.org/forums/members/1305-topdeez.html

I don't know why this issue has such a big run around???
Off thread, but what headlights do you have installed there? I like the look...
Old 03-26-2006, 03:06 PM

2000 E430 Sport
I have Depot headlights with Audi RS6 Bix projectors.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:17 PM

97 e420
those lights look pimp
Old 04-13-2006, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
How come no one shows pics of thier set up?? I want to see how the dual/quad exhaust is done.
.............Here are the pics you seek.

Ted

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 PM

97 e420
Thumbs up

WOW NICE CAR, and thankx for the pic, i think ill get some for my car too
Old 04-13-2006, 09:34 PM

haha i guarantee u ur DESI dad wont even get u an exhaust..
Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 PM

2000 E430 Sport
Now my only question is where the hell did this guy get the rear bumper with the "factory look" quad cutouts? What I mean is the bumper came that way and it wasn't cut by a body shop. I think it looks great
Old 04-15-2006, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Now my only question is where the hell did this guy get the rear bumper with the "factory look" quad cutouts? What I mean is the bumper came that way and it wasn't cut by a body shop. I think it looks great
pretty sure the left side had the cut out but did the same thing on the right side.......if the exhaust shop knows what there doing they can do this on your car........
Old 04-15-2006, 03:58 PM

2000 E430 Sport
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
pretty sure the left side had the cut out but did the same thing on the right side.......if the exhaust shop knows what there doing they can do this on your car........
Look at the picture carefully. The exhaust on the right is the passanger side. E55's only come with the driver side cut out. The passanger side looks perfect no cut, bumper molded to exhaust. Thats why I am bafffled
Old 04-15-2006, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Look at the picture carefully. The exhaust on the right is the passanger side. E55's only come with the driver side cut out. The passanger side looks perfect no cut, bumper molded to exhaust. Thats why I am bafffled
w210 e55 came with one bumper cutout on the left side......what ted has done is cut out the spare wheel well and added another muffler to the system and also cut out a side for it just like the cut out on the left side.....

look closer and you'll see 2 mufflers on his car when they only came with one......

nothing to be baffled about
Old 04-15-2006, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
w210 e55 came with one bumper cutout on the left side......what ted has done is cut out the spare wheel well and added another muffler to the system and also cut out a side for it just like the cut out on the left side.....

look closer and you'll see 2 mufflers on his car when they only came with one......

..................that is a custom bumber. The exhaust outlets are molded to match oem on both sides. Not cut outs.

Ted
Old 04-15-2006, 10:06 PM

2000 E430 Sport

Hey alex open your eyes . The bumper is molded not cut. I can see that there are two mufflers.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..................that is a custom bumber. The exhaust outlets are molded to match oem on both sides. Not cut outs.

Ted
ted this bumper wasn't custom made, right? all they did was cut another side on the right side and molded it to come out clean, no?? thats what my shop did.......

ted did you get my last pm?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
ted this bumper wasn't custom made, right? all they did was cut another side on the right side and molded it to come out clean, no?? thats what my shop did.......

ted did you get my last pm?
.............we are probably playing on words. It is a custom bumper because it is not available as is. It is not a cut out because it was molded to factory specs as mirror image of the contralateral side. The term "cut-out" usually refers to when a hole has been literally cut in a bumper with sharp edges to allow the exhaust to come out. It is not a full custom made bumper because the entire bumper was not re-manufactured.

if the exhaust shop knows what there doing they can do this on your car........
Yesterday 02:08 AM
...........No. The exhaust shop had absolutely no involvement in the bumper. They simply installed the exhausts after the car was brought to them with bumper already done. They don't even know that anything was done to the bumper. They were strictly an exhaust shop. Your exhust shop might be a body shop too, but I'm not familiar with one.

Ted

Ted
Old 04-16-2006, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i know what you mean ted.........a exhuast shop can't do the molding but only cut the bumper but i've seen some exhaust shops do a very good job on cuting it to make it look like it was factory made.......molding a cut out that little isn't very hard if they know what there doing.....

i think it was more that i didn't know what mike was saying.....
Old 04-17-2006, 10:56 AM

2000 E430 Sport
I wish I would have known you can have it molded.
I had mine cut. It still looks good though
So about the wheel well. What does that cost??
I think I would like to do the same set up. What kind of mufflers were used Ted?? I'm thinking of selling my AMG one now.

Last edited by mike430sport; 04-17-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
I wish I would have known you can have it molded.
I had mine cut. It still looks good though
So about the wheel well. What does that cost??
I think I would like to do the same set up. What kind of mufflers were used Ted?? I'm thinking of selling my AMG one now.
good luck on getting that info from him.......i've asked him 2-3 times on some of those questions but he won't say.......
Old 04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
good luck on getting that info from him.......i've asked him 2-3 times on some of those questions but he won't say.......
..............its a bit tacky to start discussing in open forum private conversations in PM. Because you have brought it up. I will post our entire pm conversation for all to see. Including the numerous replies I have given to your many pm's.

Ted

Quote:
hey ted, do you have a e55 w210??? also do you have the amg quad exhuast and how load is it??
last do you have a picture from under the car?? i'm redoing my quad exhuast but having some trouble but i might just get a amg system and cut away the spare tire well......

..................I though you have already seen my thread with pictures of the car including the underside. You responded to the thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/144065-kleemann-e55k-s7.html

...............yes, I have a w210 E55. I have a custom quad exhaust. In another thread I understood that you did your quad exhaust already. What system do you have now?
Ted
[QUOTE] Re: hey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: hey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey ted, do you have a e55 w210??? also do you have the amg quad exhuast and how load is it??
last do you have a picture from under the car?? i'm redoing my quad exhuast but having some trouble but i might just get a amg system and cut away the spare tire well......

..................I though you have already seen my thread with pictures of the car including the underside. You responded to the thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144065

...............yes, I have a w210 E55. I have a custom quad exhaust. In another thread I understood that you did your quad exhaust already. What system do you have now?
Ted

i've seen the thread but theres only one pic from under and you can't see both muffler's......i have a cutsom one, forgot the name....did it so long ago...i did you use a 210e55 exhuast on both sides or another model......if i can fit a w211e55 muffler then i will be doing that.......

..............Here is the pic. It has both mufflers identified as muffler A and muffler B. You may wish to look at the pic again. You can clearly see both exhausts. I chose not to use the AMG exhausts, but I have AMG tips. The picture answers all the questions you have. Good luck with your project.

Ted

[IMG][/IMG]
Re: hey

Quote:
ted what brand name was the exhuast?

..............the reason I am hessitating is because the brand is totally unimportant to the project. You pick your muffler brand based on your own preferences for sound, power etc. I have read your other posts. Honestly, I think whoever is doing your muffler does not know what they are doing.

Ted
Old 04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
...............what I've been trying to communicate to Mr. AlexBenz is that the quad exhaust as I did it was a completely customm job. There is no template for reproduction. The actual exhaust is completely unimportant. All the pipes were custom bend and fabricated to fit. I used magnaflow mufflers, but that means nothing. You can pick any muffler you prefer. The bumper was custom made. No, muffler shops don't do it. I went to a body shop and drew what I wanted and charged them to make it happen.....period! There is no cook book or recipe.

Ted
Old 04-17-2006, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
...............what I've been trying to communicate to Mr. AlexBenz is that the quad exhaust as I did it was a completely customm job. There is no template for reproduction. The actual exhaust is completely unimportant. All the pipes were custom bend and fabricated to fit. I used magnaflow mufflers, but that means nothing. You can pick any muffler you prefer. The bumper was custom made. No, muffler shops don't do it. I went to a body shop and drew what I wanted and charged them to make it happen.....period! There is no cook book or recipe.

Ted
there you go ted.......you finally answered what i was asking.......seems like everything we've both said back and forth has been mis-understood.....yes a bodyshop can mold the bumper to where a muffler shop can't.....the exhuast is important because of the noise level...........my old setup quad was a flowmaster with a dual outlet and it was nice......right pitch that i wanted but to some it was loud........i only asked because if i were to get 2 flowmaster mufflers then i'd sound like a mustang and i didn't want that.......of course a V8 sounds way different then a V6.....

and i don't see the point of you posting the pm's??? it took 3 pms and some reply's to finally have you say what brand of the muffler it was that you were using........
Old 04-18-2006, 07:09 AM

'02 E430 SE, '02 Avalanche Z66, '06 R-350
LOL @ Alexbenz complaining about not getting straight answers!!!111!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
Hi Ted, nice upgrade on your E55,not just exhaust but, lights, trunk spoiler, looks really great, congrats on your car, i was thinking for a while to do exhaust and for me it wasin't worth, I have E430 with some upgrades and planing to keep car for few more years and upgrade to something that will have quat exhaust from factroy, anyways i had for i while fake quat exhaust and it looked nice, now ordered remus catback exhaust and that would do it ... yeah anyways, nice job Ted !
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust-.jpg  

Last edited by SaMaS; 04-18-2006 at 11:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust