E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Replace CD-Drive in Euro COMAND Unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2006 | 09:57 AM

Exclamation Replace CD-Drive in Euro COMAND Unit?

Just 4 months ago I had a Euro COMAND unit installed in my W210 2003 E320 Wagon. It worked great until the CD-Drive died a couple of weeks ago - faint spinning noise, won't eject, Nav and CD player won't read the CD that's in the slot (the nav CD).

Does anyone know of a source for obtaining a replacement CD-Drive for the Euro COMAND unit (other than MBenzNL)? The rest of the unit works fine and we really like the RDS capability on the FM... but we obviously need to get the nav working again.

Thanks for any insights provided.
Old 06-17-2006 | 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Cool Euro COMAND

Originally Posted by texMB
Just 4 months ago I had a Euro COMAND unit installed in my W210 2003 E320 Wagon. It worked great until the CD-Drive died a couple of weeks ago - faint spinning noise, won't eject, Nav and CD player won't read the CD that's in the slot (the nav CD).

Does anyone know of a source for obtaining a replacement CD-Drive for the Euro COMAND unit (other than MBenzNL)? The rest of the unit works fine and we really like the RDS capability on the FM... but we obviously need to get the nav working again.

Hi texMB,

I just bought my E320 with the same option, but it is still working. All I can tell you is that the Bose radio/cassette went bad in my '98 E430 and the dealer sent away for a rebuilt one from some place in CA. They took mine out to send back to them, installed the new one (identical to my old one), and it was fine. In my opinion, the price was reasonable too.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum!
M

Last edited by Musikmann; 06-17-2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: change
Old 06-17-2006 | 09:55 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
Originally Posted by texMB

You have to replace the whole unit try ebay