E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Wheel idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Originally Posted by Huachipato
"Everyone says..." is not evidence or logic or proof of any sort. If somebody had stepped forward with experience, that would have been another deal all together, but nobody has. All I see is one guy saying he will try it out and a lot of responses saying "don't do it, it won't work" based on nothing.

Do you know for a fact that the hubs are different sizes? If the Mustang wheel hub is bigger - I don't think it really matters (it may be hard to get the wheel on, but once on it should be fine). As for the bolt pattern, I have put a Mustang wheels on a Camry as a spare once. I don't think the idea of putting it on the MB is too far fetched.
Yes the hubs are different sizes as I have both cars in the garage. The bolts will not align properly in the bores and be off center thereby creating pressure to one side of the seat. As the wheel rotates with uneven pressure on the seat it will cause the bolt or nut to loosen and could lead to a fatality. Check also whether the seat is cone or ball shaped when you are locating new bolts for these wheels. If you mounting a 5x114 wheel onto a pattern designed for 5x112 then the bolts will not be centered in the bores and the above mentioned challenge will arise. Best wishes and we know you will be careful.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ml/e420/others
wobble lugs