E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Oh, what neglect!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Oh, what neglect!!!

Know what, I just realized that the most neglected part of my E when i wash it are the seats, specifically the rear seats. I bet many of us don't bother to even use leather cleaner/polish on them seats. You won't believe how much stuff gets behind it. My son spilled soda on the cover (and yes, I have a seta cover back there) a couple of days ago so I decided to clean the seat. In the process, I had to take out the entire rear seat cushion - very simple I found out - and to my surprise, there was a ton of "stuff" there. I did make as much as $2.50 in "lost" coins though, so no complains. Anyway, folks look behind those seats and use some leather products on them every so often.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo V90 CC
haha, i do clean my back seats every time, but I must admit we do forget about them and let them get dirty for the most.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:43 AM

2006 E500 4matic Wagon
Yeah, seats take a beating! I have found lots of change under my seats.

I wonder how to properly condition the leather. I will have to post in the detailing forum.

I have the back seat cover, and I don't even have kids. I just have messy friends and the occassional canine passengers.

I wish they made seat covers for the front seats. My parents used to have the fuzzy sheepskin covers on the seats of all of their Benzes, and while I don't care for the look, the seats underneath the covers are pristine.

I wouldn't cover the seats all of the time, but when I drive cross country, I would sure like to cut down on the errant french fries and sesame seeds from McDonald's hamburger rolls that find their way into my seats.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:59 AM

E320 CDI
I believe that Performance Products does have seat covers available in a varity of pricing levels and materials. Try there website. www.performanceproducts.com