E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

E430 SRS Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:22 PM

2002 E430 4MATIC
E430 SRS Light

I posted about my SRS light, and never got around to fixing it. Now I have time and I know that it has something to do with the sensor under the passanger seat.

I took the seat cover off without removing the seat and there are two wires going up into the seat cover. The one goes in the back of the seat and the other in the front. Which wire is the sensor and which is the heater? Is there a way to meter the sensor wire to see if it is the sensor or a loose conection?

What does the sensor look like? Both wires going into the seat cover look the same. Thanks for the help.

Here's the old thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=srs+light

Last edited by eppy; 03-27-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-27-2007 | 10:30 PM

2002 E430 4MATIC
Ok, I found a broken wire and I spliced back together. It was the wire comming out from the front of the seat. There were three wires and one of them was cut. I soldered it back together but the SRS light is still on.

Do I need to have someone reset the computer to make it go away?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2007 | 01:50 PM

'04 Cobra & '04 S430
I haven't done my car yet - but from what I read on other threads, I thought the SRS cables came from the back of the seat instead of the front.
Old 03-29-2007 | 10:40 AM

2002 E430 4MATIC
Well all I can say about that is that I tried the seat heater and it worked, and when I cut away the nylon wire tie from the wire coming out of the front part of the seat, the white wire was cut. I joined it back together and my SRS light is still lit?

The wire was a three conductor wire and as I said the white wire was cut. I fixed it but I was wondering if the wire plugs into another plug block behind the others? Can anyone tell me that? Maybe I pulled it a little loose when I was working on the wire. Remember, I didn't pull the seat out. I didn't have the socket to unbolt the seat. It looked like a reverse star?
Old 03-30-2007 | 11:38 AM

'06 E 350 4matic wagon; '05 E 500 4matic sedan; '09 S550 4matic
Are you sure its the wire and not a bad sensor? I just had mine fixed at the dealer and it was the sensor (passenger side). The heater always worked but with SRS light you lose airbag. Cost me almost $600 so you're solution is much cheaper if it works. Was it difficult to remove leather seat covers?
Old 03-30-2007 | 02:25 PM

01 E320
Originally Posted by eppy
Well all I can say about that is that I tried the seat heater and it worked, and when I cut away the nylon wire tie from the wire coming out of the front part of the seat, the white wire was cut. I joined it back together and my SRS light is still lit?

The wire was a three conductor wire and as I said the white wire was cut. I fixed it but I was wondering if the wire plugs into another plug block behind the others? Can anyone tell me that? Maybe I pulled it a little loose when I was working on the wire. Remember, I didn't pull the seat out. I didn't have the socket to unbolt the seat. It looked like a reverse star?
That wire come directly from the seat occupant sensor. Plugs in to a harness under the seat with a yellow connector. Airbag wiring is always yellow. You do not need to do any reset but it sounds like maybe more then one of the 3 leads were cut. Beware that there is voltage in one of them and if it grounds out it blows a fuse. I replaced my sensor because I couldnt get the wire connected correctly.