E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Springs Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to drive E55
Springs Questions

I have been triing to locate H & Rs for the 1999 E55. Nobody has stock, and H & R is 6-8 weeks. Has anybody Used Eibach E430 Application for the E55? Will it work? Or lastly, Renntech makes them also but it's around $500.00

So do I wait impatiently for H & Rs or pay more and get Renntech? Or can we jimmyrig the Eibachs?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Almost a Member!

99 W210
Originally Posted by RAFFIE55
I have been triing to locate H & Rs for the 1999 E55. Nobody has stock, and H & R is 6-8 weeks. Has anybody Used Eibach E430 Application for the E55? Will it work? Or lastly, Renntech makes them also but it's around $500.00

So do I wait impatiently for H & Rs or pay more and get Renntech? Or can we jimmyrig the Eibachs?
Ok, first of all how low you want to go.
Second. Do you care about ride quality.
Third. are you running 19" or smaller??

Ok, I got H&R on my w210 E320, they ride great, but very bouncy on the stock shocks. I believe the E55 and all the other w210 carry the same shocks. (same model # at dealer, checked it out already).

My suggestion is to do the H&R sport springs with #1 or #2 pads in front and #2 in the rear, Now if you have a system with a box in the trunk go with the #3 or #4 spring pads for the rear.
and for shocks, if you want a better ride quality and especially if you have
19" wheels, call up koni direct line, and order the koni adj. shocks. make sure it the old models that is internally adjustable. ( do not get the new koni shocks that is externally adjustable on top).
why u ask? externally adjustable is easier and more convient, that is true
but koni new externally adjustable shocks are very soft on the bound witch bottom out easily, and also the shock has a shorter travel range than the older models, trust me i know. been thru it already...
you can only get these shocks from usa koni.
and they have to special order them from holland because they do not supply them anymore since the new ones came out....
Old 05-19-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by Cappafire
Ok, first of all how low you want to go.
Second. Do you care about ride quality.
Third. are you running 19" or smaller??

Ok, I got H&R on my w210 E320, they ride great, but very bouncy on the stock shocks. I believe the E55 and all the other w210 carry the same shocks. (same model # at dealer, checked it out already).

My suggestion is to do the H&R sport springs with #1 or #2 pads in front and #2 in the rear, Now if you have a system with a box in the trunk go with the #3 or #4 spring pads for the rear.
and for shocks, if you want a better ride quality and especially if you have
19" wheels, call up koni direct line, and order the koni adj. shocks. make sure it the old models that is internally adjustable. ( do not get the new koni shocks that is externally adjustable on top).
why u ask? externally adjustable is easier and more convient, that is true
but koni new externally adjustable shocks are very soft on the bound witch bottom out easily, and also the shock has a shorter travel range than the older models, trust me i know. been thru it already...
you can only get these shocks from usa koni.
and they have to special order them from holland because they do not supply them anymore since the new ones came out....
not to change the topic, but u drive that benz in queens!?