E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

I'm Having A Tranny Nightmare!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:57 AM

I'm Having A Tranny Nightmare!!!

Okay. I'm having my tranny rebuilt after it failed completely by a reputable German rebuilder. I call them this morning to find out when I can pick it up and they tell me that the valve body isn't rebuildable because of a previous accident the car may have had and even worse, they said something about the valve body not even being from that car at all!

What the hell can I do at this point? They're saying they can't rebuild it because nothing is salvageable. And then there's a possiblity that when I bought the car (which I was stupid enough not to get a carfax on when I bought it) a car accident repairal was done to the tranny in a very foul way!

Can I fight this in court? I've had the car a little over a year now and now I either have to buy a whole new transmission or figure out how to fight the dealer I bought the car from. HELP fellas! This is killing my work!
Old 06-06-2007 | 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
sorry to hear..

but if you bought a used car from a dealer and signed on the papers, there's pretty much nothing you can do at this point.

either pay up $ for a new tranny (maybe try to find one at a junkyard?), or trade it in
Old 06-06-2007 | 10:33 AM

'84 911 Carrera & '01 E320
Not sure why, but after laughing about the title of this thread I had to make a comment.
sorry about your transmission. I hope it works out for you.
As far as the 'tranny nightmares' go, I'd stop eating spicy food right before bedtime and seek counseling for your homophobia
+++
Old 06-06-2007 | 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by dan_cobb
Not sure why, but after laughing about the title of this thread I had to make a comment.
sorry about your transmission. I hope it works out for you.
As far as the 'tranny nightmares' go, I'd stop eating spicy food right before bedtime and seek counseling for your homophobia
+++
Hardy hardy har! Thanks. That actually helped my mood a bit.

I'm still going to throw a chair through my car STEALERSHIP window though.
Old 06-06-2007 | 12:44 PM

Good news! It's only gonna cost me another $200 bucks to get my car fixed! Thank the Lord! I thought they were gonna make me buy a whole new tranny. If any of you guys ever need a rebuilt tranny, I HIGHLY recommend www.europeantransmissions.com. They are located just outside of Atlanta, GA. They are the BEST!
Old 06-06-2007 | 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
Good to hear that problems were solved, enjoy your car !