E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

some crazy mod ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007 | 09:36 PM

W210 E320
some crazy mod ideas

hey guys I was bored and I came across some crazy ideas to mod our W210 interiors

Lately I've been reading many threads about people spilling coffee on their shifters so one cool idea that came across was using a shifter boot jus like the W203 C-class. Not only will it improve the car's interior appearance but it will also protect the electronics of the car

another mod is that earlier W210s came with the key fob. What are the possibilities of replacing that with the smartkey?? Atleast the range would be better than the ugly fob and it would look cooler on our cars

I know most of you will have negative replies ready for me but hey I guess I'm being the adventurous guy here willing to butcher his ride to discover new mods for our outdated cars (besides we should be thankful our cars are built to last if kept in proper condition)

anyways suggestions and feedback would be great:thumbsup:
Old 07-14-2007 | 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

lol

I like how I read the same thing on benzworld.org
I guess its better to have 2 sources of info

As for the mod, I dont think it would work on my 98... Because it wouldnt show what gear im in.
Not like I really care.... just lookin out for others that drive my car.
Old 07-14-2007 | 07:41 PM

W210 E320
Originally Posted by dpiechoczek
I like how I read the same thing on benzworld.org
I guess its better to have 2 sources of info

As for the mod, I dont think it would work on my 98... Because it wouldnt show what gear im in.
Not like I really care.... just lookin out for others that drive my car.
lol I know what you're thinking on i'm working on a W203-like design that will enable you to see which gear you are on
Old 07-15-2007 | 05:50 AM

'01 W210 E320 CDI
Modding a pre-smartkey car to a smartkey requires upgrading just about everything to DAS3 (Driver Authorization System 3) There is no physical connection with the steeringcollumn anymore so you would have to replace that, including the computers, CAN-bus etc. Ofcourse everything is possible but it would be cheaper simply buying another W210...
Old 07-15-2007 | 07:40 AM

W210 E320
Originally Posted by Lancelot
Modding a pre-smartkey car to a smartkey requires upgrading just about everything to DAS3 (Driver Authorization System 3) There is no physical connection with the steeringcollumn anymore so you would have to replace that, including the computers, CAN-bus etc. Ofcourse everything is possible but it would be cheaper simply buying another W210...
in my case it aint as easy as it sounds
Old 07-16-2007 | 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Originally Posted by Lancelot
Old 07-19-2007 | 03:29 PM

I own a 1999 W210 Mercedes.
where?

Originally Posted by ReZzZ320
hey guys I was bored and I came across some crazy ideas to mod our W210 interiors

Lately I've been reading many threads about people spilling coffee on their shifters so one cool idea that came across was using a shifter boot jus like the W203 C-class. Not only will it improve the car's interior appearance but it will also protect the electronics of the car

another mod is that earlier W210s came with the key fob. What are the possibilities of replacing that with the smartkey?? Atleast the range would be better than the ugly fob and it would look cooler on our cars

I know most of you will have negative replies ready for me but hey I guess I'm being the adventurous guy here willing to butcher his ride to discover new mods for our outdated cars (besides we should be thankful our cars are built to last if kept in proper condition)

anyways suggestions and feedback would be great:thumbsup:
Where did you get the shift boot and shift knob from? how did u do it? Looks clean, thinkin about doing it to my car. Thanks for the Post dude.
-Leo
Old 07-19-2007 | 09:29 PM

W210 E320
Originally Posted by eXpLiCitW210
Where did you get the shift boot and shift knob from? how did u do it? Looks clean, thinkin about doing it to my car. Thanks for the Post dude.
-Leo
that's a W203 C-class

lol wish I could pull it off as well