E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Main Inspection Performed on time? help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E270 CDI
Main Inspection Performed on time? help

Hello just need a little help with my mercedes E270 new shape, i have this saying on the dash 'Main Inspection Performed on time?' even though i have already serviced it with a private MOT business, so i was wondering how to take it off manually thank you
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Look in the manual

Or try this,

Turn the electronic key in steering lock to position 2. To call up the trip odometer and main odometer, press button 3 or 4 on the multifunction steering wheel until the display appears.

Press button 5 or 6 until the FSS indicator appears.

Press button 'R' on the instrument cluster for approximately 2 seconds.

The multifunction display will show the question:

'DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? - CONFIRM BY PRESSING R'

Press button 'R' on the instrument cluster again, and hold until a signal sounds. The message 'SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET' appears in the multifunction display.
The new service indicator is displayed with the reset distance of 10,000 miles

Don’t let go the 0 button until you hear the bip, & you might need to have the driver’s door closed.
Should work on an 02 if not check the manual
ohlord
"GOT RESET?"
Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 AM

Mercedes E270 CDI
it says reset factory settings but still dont work
Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 AM

GL350
main Inspection performed on time?

Old post but might be helpful for someone.
I had to reset the "Main inspection performed on time? " message twice in a few years in my 03 E500
First time just did it from the cluster..just set a further date on the SPECIAL WORKS section.
Same message came up just now afew years later ,googled the problem (since i forgot how i've done it before..) and found my own posting.
The above method didn't work this time though.
Broke out the " Star" , went into the ASSYSt menu and noticed ,there are 2 colum under a tab called "Setting date" or something similar.
One was the exhaust ( which i was able to set from the cluster before), and the other was the actual "Main inspection , which i did not even find from the cluster..so i had to reset the time from the Star.
Basicly the message "Main Inspection performed on Time?" refers to 2 items but only one was accessible through my cluster..