E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Folding mirror got smashed by Truck. Steve help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:01 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Folding mirror got smashed by Truck. Steve help!!!

Yesterday as I was doubled parked in midtown Manhattan waiting for this car to get out of a parking spot. A truck passed me too close and too fast and literally wiped out my left (driver side) folding mirror. The mirror parts were strewn all over the street. Even had I folded it, he would have hit it anyway as he was driving so close that he scratch my rear fender as well. Already spoke to my insurance company and they would take care of the repairs (with the truck insurance) and they will pay for everything. My problem however is where to get this specific left mirror.

Would anyone of you know if the dealer can special order this? My dealer is MB Manhattan, which is the only MB owned dealer in the US so they might have a better ability to order a special part. The accident happened after hours yesterday so they were already closed when I called. I bought the pair of folding mirrors from Steve a few years ago and they were/are definitely not part of a US version 1998 E class. I believe these are 2000 and newer model versions, which are only specific to European E class because the US versions E-class (W210) did not come with folding mirrors.

Steve, would you be willing to sell me a left side only (any color but folding, blinkers, heated, with magnifying outside mirror portion).

I will visit MB Manhattan on Monday before going to the insurance estimator and see if MB can order this mirror for me. In the meantime, any help, comments, advice, opinions, etc. would be appreciated.

pax....

Last edited by Paxfobiscum; 11-11-2007 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Try Contacting Steve Direct S_KRABBENBORG@hotmail.com
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2002 E320 4matic 92K (bought 12/20/06). 2000 E430 4matic (RIP 12/9/06) :(
i can't imagine a dealer can't get this part for you? is your insurance company going to just reimburse you? I know in Mass they won't let you do that, they order whatever parts they can get from a repair shop you'd have to take it too, particularly for body work.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by fju2112
i can't imagine a dealer can't get this part for you? is your insurance company going to just reimburse you? I know in Mass they won't let you do that, they order whatever parts they can get from a repair shop you'd have to take it too, particularly for body work.
US Dealers cannot get EURO items like POWER FOLDING Mirrors as the PF Mirrors were NOT a US option ....

MBUSA Does Not stock EURO Items..ONLY USA Parts...Therefore The Body shop that is doing the repairs cannot get the Euro Fower Folding Mirror
Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
US Dealers cannot get EURO items like POWER FOLDING Mirrors as the PF Mirrors were NOT a US option ....

MBUSA Does Not stock EURO Items..ONLY USA Parts...Therefore The Body shop that is doing the repairs cannot get the Euro Fower Folding Mirror
Hi Mark,

Funny I just read this today. MB Manhattan did get me the entire assembly of the power folding mirrors from Germany and they were paid for by Geico as part of the insurance. It took only a week to order. It helped that I was nice to the parts guy at MB Manhattan. So the important point here is that you can order anything from MB Germany as long as you have the part number and you are willing to pay for it.

P.