E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Pictures of X-Pel headlamp covers and chrome rings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
Pictures of X-Pel headlamp covers and chrome rings

Can't wait for my new city lights from Powerbulbs.com :-)

http://www.seekreality.net/michakaveli/benz/14.jpg
http://www.seekreality.net/michak
Old 11-14-2002, 03:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 G63 ; 981 boxster GTS
xpel covers

hi, how was it installing the xpels? did you do it yourself? i just bought set and am a little leery of 'gluey' application.
btw, i also got new city lights from powerbulb.com. - philips blue vision, and they came with bonus set of matching w5w sidemarkers! just poppped those babies in last nite. try getting yourself set of clear sidemarker covers, and you'll have a nice match! got those on ebay for about 25 bucks. enjoy! thanks , j.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by michakaveli
I really want to find yellow city lights, to get the LExus look. Looks soo much better on a benz. The bluish HID type are my backup
oh sorry, man , just saw this post from you after my reply above, didnt know you were looking for yellows...

fwiw, along with the blues i got from powerbulb, i actually did buy the philips 'all weather' fogs, advertised with a 'yellow' output. i kind like your 'lexus-look' idea (watch it, these guys will toast us!) and i thought i could get it with these fogs contrasting the rest of my bluevision lights.
well, they throw off a yellowish light against the wall,say, but to look at the car itself, they appear whiter. i think they're good for visibility actually, and brighter than stock, but not the yellow you want.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
I ordered a pair of those bulbs from Powerbulbs a few nights ago. Do you have any pix of the new city lights with those bulbs? Did you get a confirmation at all that they got your order? I saw that they billed my card, but have no idea if the have processed the order... Those headlamps covers are easy to install. Just take your time. I made the alchol/water solution they say to do.

here is a link to my clears.. I added the wrong link earlier...

http://www.seekreality.net/michakaveli/benz/16.jpg
Old 11-14-2002, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Make sure that your headlamps are perfectly clean... Then hose the headlamps and the sticky side of the covers and apply them the first time as correctly as you can....Right after that use the squegee to contour the covers.. Make sure that the covers and the headlamps are nice and warm.. Helps for proper fit and ahesion..

Just had to add that :-)

I first performed the drivers side then the passenger. Not from the pix that the passenger side looks almost totally cured [hosed the light and cover with solution before applying]
Old 11-14-2002, 05:25 PM

thanks, re the xpels.
as for powerbulbs, cant find email from them ,but they shipped quickly. 1 week or so.
dont have dig cam set up right now for pix but hope in near future, and will gladly post them when i can, thanks!