E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!

So I made a post a few weeks back about getting rear ended. My car had a full authentic Lorinser kit with exhaust and unfortunately I was rearended at a red light. I was worried they would total my car because of the damage to both quarter panels, truck, rear bumper etc, but after a 5900 estimate, they decided to fix my car. Great, its a perfect car with only 100k miles for a 1998.

Before I dropped it off at their body shop (big mistake), i told them about 10 times that I wanted it repaired with a AUTHENITIC LORINSER REAR BUMPER. They swore to me that they'd fix it just like new with authentic parts. I went to pick it up today, and the the bumper they put on was a fake, cheap POS that they kept arguing was authentic. I've seen these cheap replica's on ebay for about 250 so I know they're available, but the body shop guy told me the authenic ones were discontinued so they "repaired" my old one.

After arguing with the body shop for about 30 minutes, he swore to me that this rear bumper was authentic and that he'd bet his body shop on it. First off, i can almost swear my rear bumper had a Lorinser imprint and a serial number engraved right above the exhaust. Can someone please verify this?

Here are pictures. You tell me what you think! Also, if anyone has pictures of what the authentic Lorinser bumper looks like, please post them so I can forward them to my attorney. Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!-picture-165.jpg   HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!-picture-160.jpg   HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!-picture-164.jpg   HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!-picture-163.jpg   HELP! Lorinser Body Kit experts please chime in!-picture-152.jpg  

Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The obvious signs are that:
1) There is no Lorinser logo anywhere on the bumper.
2) If you look to the right of the exhaust, the rear bumper 'sags' from the far right portion of the bumper.
3) The mess is completely different in the cut outs. Its a mesh, not the black circular cutouts that Lorinser uses.
4) wtf is up with the left side right next to the exhaust? How can they argue that this is authentic?